F-16 HUD messing up after take off

shayan

there is bug guys if you putt preasures on rudder before the moment your aircraft wheels took off from runway it cause messing up your velocity vector and its gonna deviate from center its like you have strong cross wind.

AMD R9 5950X | 32GB DDR4-4000 | Radeon 6900XT | Thrustmaster warthog + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 |МиГ-21 | F/A-18C |  F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 | JF-17| AJS-37

1 minute ago, razo+r said:

Well, if you use rudder then your nose will not point at the same location compared with where your aircraft will go, which is reflected with the FPM.

i know its normal when you putting rudder but after you holding rudder and retract your gear and don't apply rudder after that your hud  gonna permanent offset .

AMD R9 5950X | 32GB DDR4-4000 | Radeon 6900XT | Thrustmaster warthog + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

Sounds like you haven't aligned your INS properly tbh.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

30 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

Sounds like you haven't aligned your INS properly tbh.

i will upload track file you can see is my alignment have problem or not !

1 hour ago, shayan said:

i will upload track file you can see is my alignment have problem or not !

I won't be able to look at a track for a while. Maybe try looking at the alignment procedure in the manual or Chucks Guide.

https://chucksguides.mudspike.com/DCS/DCS F-16C Viper Guide.pdf

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

2 hours ago, cofcorpse said:

I see a lot of pedal deflection when the nose wheel lifts off. Because of this, a large moment arises, turning the nose to the side.

Hide contents

Screen_220306_112623.png

so is this normal it should permanent looks your hud like that even after you not applying any rudder ?

On 3/6/2022 at 3:57 PM, cofcorpse said:

Perhaps I misunderstood you. There's a wind in the mission that leads to drift.

it should only your flight path marker ( flight path vector, velocity vector) goes left or right not all of your pitch ladder bars !!!

1 hour ago, shayan said:

it should only your flight path marker ( flight path vector, velocity vector) goes left or right not all of your pitch ladder bars !!!

No it doesn't, the pitch ladder (and tadpole) displaces with the flight path vector, and this is trivial to confirm in videos (notice how as the flight path vector drifts, the pitch ladder moves with it), at this timestamp you can see they're both significantly displaced to the left.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

No it doesn't, the pitch ladder (and tadpole) displaces with the flight path vector, and this is trivial to confirm in videos (notice how as the flight path vector drifts, the pitch ladder moves with it), at this timestamp you can see they're both significantly displaced to the left.

6 hours ago, cofcorpse said:

Could you confirm this with some evidence, please?

yeah it was my bad you were true , but i think that's really annoying in cross winds ! 

Put this switch up to Drift C/O.  That will set the flight path marker relative to the air around you instead of relative to the ground.  If you're not applying rudder it should stay in the middle of the HUD and visible at all times.  I use it when refueling and formation as a crosswind won't bring it off the nose of the aircraft and will always point in the direction through the air that the other plane(s) are flying.

image.png

Definitely switch it back to land though.

Edited by Buschwick
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]