This sim needs a Clouds Off Option.

Go to solution Solved by Northstar98,

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Trimble said:

I have no problems with weather in any other sim, they are an FPS killer in this sim. This sim needs a clouds off option.

There is a no-clouds option in the mission editor.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

7 minutes ago, Trimble said:

This sim needs a clouds off option.

Did you took time to at least try the Sim, before coming with such a suggestion?  🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

19 hours ago, Trimble said:

I have no problems with weather in any other sim, they are an FPS killer in this sim. This sim needs a clouds off option.

If clouds are killing your frames, then maybe you need a better machine.  Just sayin'.

Clouds are the least of my problems. They don't affect my frames at all and I have a weak machine.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Believe hes asking to remove clouds in general, not as a mission maker.

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

1 minute ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Believe hes asking to remove clouds in general, not as a mission maker.

What @Flappie said. You need to go to the ME to do it.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

So you cant just turn them off, just stuck with them by design. I dont care either way, but Im sure thats the point he's trying to convey.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

9 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

So you cant just turn them off, just stuck with them by design. I dont care either way, but Im sure thats the point he's trying to convey.

4 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Then we'd need an option to remove water, sunlight... I'm pretty sure this won't happen.  gXL4isB.png SRsfa58.gif

The vanilla clouds when you start a mission without the ME are so light that they shouldn't be a problem.

Still sounds more like a potato problem than anything else. I'm still running a 10 year old AMD FX series CPU,

on DDR3 memory and a $300  1660Ti card.

My clouds are set for ultra and my machine handles them really well.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

On 3/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Flappie said:

Then we'd need an option to remove water, sunlight... I'm pretty sure this won't happen.

Why would anyone need to remove sunlight or water? Neither one of them cause any performance loss.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, rayrayblues said:

The vanilla clouds when you start a mission without the ME are so light that they shouldn't be a problem.

Still sounds more like a potato problem than anything else. I'm still running a 10 year old AMD FX series CPU,

on DDR3 memory and a $300  1660Ti card.

My clouds are set for ultra and my machine handles them really well.

I agree. Not everyone can afford a $300 dollar card thats going for $900 nowadays.

• Like 3

My wallpaper and skins

27 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Why would anyone need to remove sunlight or water? Neither one of them cause any performance loss.

They do, just like everything else that is calculated by our GPUs. You can lower your ingame Cloud settings if need be.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

25 minutes ago, Flappie said:

They do, just like everything else that is calculated by our GPUs. You can lower your ingame Cloud settings if need be.

yeah they do, but certainly not much more than a large jpeg under compression. Clouds have a larger impact. Again I dont care either ways, it all looks blurry to me in VR.

My wallpaper and skins

I'm going to agree with the original poster. I think it would be a good idea for people who play in VR. Clouds are an issue if you play that way.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

• 2 weeks later...

1. https://forum.dcs.world/forum/207-dcs-wishlist/

2. It's a non-issue. In MP there cannot be such option because clouds are synched between server and clients - if you could turn them off somehow that would be a cheat. In SP you already have all the options to remove them.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

52 minutes ago, ddc196 said:

How?

Use Dynamic Weather in the ME weather settings if you either want completely nothing relating to the 2.7 weather; or even just the old cloud system (yes it's still in game), or, as Flappie showed at the beginning of this thread; the setting that says "Nothing" for clouds settings.

5 hours ago, XCNuse said:

Use Dynamic Weather in the ME weather settings if you either want completely nothing relating to the 2.7 weather; or even just the old cloud system (yes it's still in game), or, as Flappie showed at the beginning of this thread; the setting that says "Nothing" for clouds settings.

I know you can do it through the mission editor for things you create. How about missions and purchased campaigns? I'm not real savvy on the ME so I might need a small list of steps. 😄

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

51 minutes ago, ddc196 said:

I know you can do it through the mission editor for things you create. How about missions and purchased campaigns? I'm not real savvy on the ME so I might need a small list of steps. 😄

Hmm, in that case, you'll likely have to find them instead of in your savedgames/dcs folder, but in your main DCS/mods/campaigns install folder.

It'd be easier at that point to rip all the missions out of the campaign zip (I think it's a zip if I recall?), and run them one by one.

At that point though realize it's not a campaign according to DCS, but individual missions.

39 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

It'd be easier at that point to rip all the missions out of the campaign zip (I think it's a zip if I recall?), and run them one by one.

Campaign missions are normal miz files (they have zip format). Campaign cmp file keeps info on their order and promotion logic.

1. Run ME

2. Open the mission you want to fly

3. Click the cloud icon at top left

4. Change the cloud preset on the right to no clouds

5. Click green icon on the left to play the mission

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 hour ago, XCNuse said:

Hmm, in that case, you'll likely have to find them instead of in your savedgames/dcs folder, but in your main DCS/mods/campaigns install folder.

At that point though realize it's not a campaign according to DCS, but individual missions.

5 minutes ago, draconus said:

Campaign missions are normal miz files (they have zip format). Campaign cmp file keeps info on their order and promotion logic.

1. Run ME

2. Open the mission you want to fly

3. Click the cloud icon at top left

4. Change the cloud preset on the right to no clouds

5. Click green icon on the left to play the mission

Thanks!