Specular map help please

Reflected

Have you loaded it into the model viewer and printed out the Lua File on it? Check to see if it is loading any default dds files you don't want? I feel bad jumping in on this because I feel you know way more then I do and I'm just a sad reply. I find dds files I have forgot to make this way to get something to work right. Best of luck. Make sure you didn't make a mistake giving a Spec file the wrong number or marking it as Diffuse

Edited by DishDoggie

On 3/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, prccowboy said:

are you using specular or roughmet? to me it looks like you have a roughmet texture that is getting treated as specular

Exactly. But how can I a) make it be treated as a roughmet ( changing the 2 to ROUGHNESS METALLIC in the description.lua didn't help) or b) tune the spec map to have metallic properties?

10 hours ago, Reflected said:

Exactly. But how can I a) make it be treated as a roughmet ( changing the 2 to ROUGHNESS METALLIC in the description.lua didn't help) or b) tune the spec map to have metallic properties?

a) using ROUGHMET: AFAIK, for the old models with specular, you need to create a default roughmet texture or your custom roughmets won't load. (not sure why this is but it's the only way I can get roughmets working on old models). To do this, create a default roughmet that mimics the default specular, add _roughmet to the filename and put the file in one of the mapped texture folders; ex: create a "kc_135_body_1_roughmet.dds" file and put it in \Bazar\TempTextures. (note: doing this will change ALL liveries to use the roughmet you just created as default - which is why I said to mimic the default specular). Once you have a default roughmet, you can use your custom roughmets in your liveries by changing the lua accordingly, ex: 

"kc_135_body_1",    ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,    "kc_135_body_1_roughmet", false};

b) using SPECULAR: since there is no metallic property data, you will need to change your diffuse accordingly (make it look like metal instead of the white that you have above) and add a high reflectivity to the specular

see:

Edited by prccowboy
  • Thanks 1