JSOW does no damage

Jetliner

Your track was long and full of scripts, so I made my own.

Here are two nearly identicial tracks:

• first run: all 3 vehicles were destroyed,
  • second run: the SA-11 launcher unit is left unscathed.

This looks like bad luck to me, rather than a bug. The BLU-97 ammunition projected by JSOW-A missile does not recognize units like the CBU-97 does. It simply "rains" on a determined area. According to Wikipedia, it has a dud rate of 5%, but I suspect it to be higher. As you can see in the article picture, a ZSU-23-4 looks unscathed as long as it doesn't take a direct hit.

This probably explains why americans eventually invented the CBU-97.

JSOW-A total success.trk JSOW-A misses one unit.trk

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 months later...

Have to report the same against APC's and IFV's.

I made a mission to practice with them on the F-16, and got four good hits against M113's and BTR-80's, and there was zero damage, even if they could take a hit, I'd expect them to at least be damaged, they're not T-80's....

it is the ground. On grass, sand or car roads, the Blu have no more or much less HE damage and need direct hits.

If there is no direct hit the unit survives which unfortunately happens very often

at least in the scenario where i tested and made some observations

Edited by Hobel

For anyone testing this, maybe you're already doing what I'm going to suggest, but to get a good idea of the spread patter, try to create some really dense clusters of small units. I've tried following the bomblets visually but I'm not completely sure if that corresponds to the actual explosive pattern. Damage bars should make things pretty clear though.

Attempt at visual tracking, SA-11 seemed to take multiple hits before being damaged:

b1.jpg

HP damage tracking on different vehicles, forgot to disable disperse on hit:

b2.jpg

3D view for scale:

b3.jpg

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files