DCS: F-15C Poll

Wizard_03

DCS: F-15C  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a full fiedelity F-15C for DCS?

• Yep
    • Nah

• Wizard_03 changed the title to DCS: F-15C Poll

I wouldn't mind an F-15C. The avionics are actually a little bit more bare-bones than those of the F-16, with just one MFD and most of the gauges being analog. It's closer to an early Gen4, and we do need more of those. Plus, BalticDragon has a brilliant campaign for the F-15C, and I'd love to fly it in a full-fidelity module. 🙂

BTW, "not a pound for air to ground" is a little misleading, it can carry dumb bombs and strafe with the gun, and it does have an AG radar mode to facilitate that. It's not very good in that role, but in a pinch, it could do it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jester986 said:

For the love of all things aviation, PLEASE no more gen4 blufor. F-16, F-18, F-15E, Typhoon, and probably whatever the secret module is. Enough.

While I would otherwise agree, Gen IV BLUFOR isn't so much the problem as much as them being 2000s+ era aircraft, that fit close to nothing else in DCS. If ED were to do an ODS era F-15C or earlier (even F-15A) going from the late 70s to early 90s, I don't think it would be as much of an issue. So providing that, I'd say yes.

Though the community at large would probably complain about not having the latest and greatest, so that's pretty unlikely.

That said I'd rather see something a little different, preferably something centred around the 70s and 80s, as that's where the vast majority of our assets are.

• Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Voted "nah"

F-15C is too one sided (air to air only) for my preference

• Like 5

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I would buy it for sure, but for a "pure" Air to Air US of A jet I'd prefer an F-106A with it sleeker lines and old-school high-tech cockpit.

And if/when we get full fidelity F-15C I'd prefer to get the 80s version similar to what we've already got. Or perhaps both the 80s version and a super new version like we got with the 16 and 18.

• Like 5

See I would welcome it, because we have lots of Multirole, and LWFs but the closest thing we have to an air sovereignty fighter right now is F-14 which is really a fleet defense fighter and quite old. When the Eurofighter comes out I think a modern F-15C would be nice to give it a run for its money. But even an early F-15A or pre MSIP F-15C would still be a pretty credible threat.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

13 minutes ago, TotenDead said:

Make it F-15 vs Su-27, that poll would give us more info

I think everyone wants modern Red jets, But I didn't want this to turn into an "I would rather have discussion" The question is if they made the F-15C available would you want to buy it? Because they have stated in the past its possible, but Lately they don't think there is enough Appeal in DCS because it doesn't really do A2G.

• Like 5

would even up the field, being dominant, FC3 all seeing radar and all...

But I would not buy it at all..... But I would not buy any air dominance pure fighter jet. I am not into PvP dominance kind of games...

The Tomcat might be a Fleet Defender all right, but you got to land in in a moving pitching deck 😉

• Like 1

F-15 is a great aircraft and all, but personally at the moment a bit fed up with 4th gen blue fighters (however most likely will get EF just because it's an European aircraft).

If ED can't make any full fidelity 4th gen red aircraft which would level out the field a bit, I would much prefer them focus on cold war era i.e. Vietnam war. There are MiG-15/-19/-21 and F-5, Drop in F-4 and amaybe a few more anr you're solid.

MiG-23 and Mirage F1 are also in development. Not really Vietnam era aircraft, but could fit into other cold war scenarios.

Edited by killkenny1
  • Like 5

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

They are making an F-4 but I mean F-15 is about as Cold War as you can get IMO. That is literally it’s design inspiration, Cold War gone hot scenario. At least for the 1980s.

But As for Vietnam era aircraft literally none of the current aircraft in DCS fit into it, the MiG-15 is too early the 19 is not the right version (yet) and the 21 is too late. F-5E is too late as well. Even the UH-1 is post Vietnam. F-4E will be the only one that is truly from that war. We can pretend though. but in fact we don’t have the right assets. 

A late 80s early 90s F-15 actually fits what we have now much better. And if the MiG-29A actually happens like they said, then that will also work very well. 

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 8

Actually, last time they seemed to be making a Gulf War era F-4E. 🙂 Yeah, Vietnam era is quite neglected, but the 80s aircraft were only a little more advanced. The F-5E, in particular, has to use the same techniques Vietnam-era planes did, and its radar isn't that much more sophisticated.

It's a bit of a moot point because our maps are mostly set in the Middle East, anyway. It is a perfectly plausible place for a variety scenarios, the place has been more or less of a mess since World War One (and even before that, the Ottoman Empire wasn't all that good at keeping order in some of those areas, either).

It's in one of Wags interviews don't remember which one 
Its not Matt interview but one of other ED staff. It was Simon IIRC.
Oh yes would love to have HiFi F-15C. If only I could have knowledge to mod it then I would. Add the Link16 and JHMCS into it hehehe

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

On 12/6/2020 at 7:17 AM, Jester986 said:

For the love of all things aviation, PLEASE no more gen4 blufor. F-16, F-18, F-15E, Typhoon, and probably whatever the secret module is. Enough.

Think it positively. 

Once we have:

F/A-18C Lot 20 from 2005

F-16C Blk 50 from 2007

F-15C from 2003.

Eurofighter Typhoon from 201x-?

Then what?

F/A-18A?

F-16A?

F-15A?

It is nice if the F-15C would get done, as it is "then done". And developers could move along to other projects. 

But what would it really be that pleases people?

A F-15C that we have without even MIDS II update (no datalink, no color MFD etc).

A F-15C with 2002-2003 update to have LVT

A F-15C from 2018(?) to have PAD upgrade as "Golden Eagle" variant?  

A pure fighter that could open options for ED to make few variants as it has not had many upgrade programs for long periods. 

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

8 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

But what would it really be that pleases people?

A F-15C that we have without even MIDS II update (no datalink, no color MFD etc).

A F-15C with 2002-2003 update to have LVT

A F-15C from 2018(?) to have PAD upgrade as "Golden Eagle" variant?  

A pure fighter that could open options for ED to make few variants as it has not had many upgrade programs for long periods. 

Yeah I really like that idea, because I think an earlier version would fit the red side we have better and a later version could take on the eurofighter competitively. 

• Like 1

I voted no. But then again I fall squarely in the camp of those who, while appreciative to detailed systems modeling, actually fly the sim more for the great flight models and combat capabilities than the detailed cockpit functionality and behind the scenes systems. 

Other than having a clickable cockpit, the functionality of a full module F15C would not be that much different than the FC3 variant we have right now. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

NOPE!

Would much prefer either something older, or something at least different. We already at least have FC3 F-15C, an F-15E is coming, sim is getting chockfull of later 4th gen and more so the blue fighters. Honestly I'd sooner buy another aerobatics plane instead.

We still have that amazing late F-4E that got canned for Meh-16 Boring Falcon not taken back into development... another low hanging fruit before it would be... sad.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script