Open XR runtime support

dburne

vor 3 Stunden schrieb dburne:

Only one way to find out...

:renske:

I´m switching to OpenXR mod assuming that it is the better way to improve VR in DCS with a WMR headset. Finally you could get rid of the interaction with SteamVR / WMR for SteamVR and the colors and sharpness could be enhanced with OpenXR tool as well. 

• Like 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

45 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

I´m switching to OpenXR mod assuming that it is the better way to improve VR in DCS with a WMR headset. Finally you could get rid of the interaction with SteamVR / WMR for SteamVR and the colors and sharpness could be enhanced with OpenXR tool as well. 

Let us know how you like it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just switched over from Reshade 5.0.2 to OpenXR-Mod for DCS.

Uninstalling Reshade 5.0.2 is easy: just run the Installation again and at the end of the installation routine, after you choose which DirectX, Vulkan or OpenGL you want to choose for installation, the installer asks to uninstall a previous installation of Reshade. Confirming. Done.

Following the instruction of the OpenXR Quick Start Guide Thread - big thanks @nikoel for setting this up! - the installation of the OpenXR Mod went easy.

I´ve also installed OpenXR Tool Kit, but left it deactivated for today, to see if the modding went well and everything is working as it should. It does works as it should.

On a first glance, SteamVR / WMR for SteamVr is no longer needed - years of waiting for this to be done has come to an end! Also the flickering in the loading screens has gone completely.

About the visuals I´m not quite sure at the moment. The improvement in clarity and visual fidelity is massive, shimmering has gone completely ( the AV-8B Harrier cockpit always is good indicator about edge shimmering ).

But before going on euphorically, I have to admit, that in SteamVR I had a resolution running for the Reverb G2 at approx 70%, means around 2700 x 2700 or something. Now with OpenXR developer tool I´ve started with custome resolution at 100% and have no idea at the moment in which effective resolution it results ( will figure out later ), but I guess it´s a lot higher than around 70% in SteamVR ( native resolution for the Reverb G2 in SteamVr was settled at 50% there ).

While the whole process of starting up DCS in VR now feels much more fluid and homogeneous, the fluidity in flight feels the same...just feels, but is not as smooth as I´m going to adjust finally. The more looking to the left or right out of the cockpit the more the stutters get noticable... something could be fixed to anyones preference by tuning with the tools at hand.  

Back for a moment being euphoric: the MFDs in the Viper and the map in the Hind have reached a clarity now, I´ve never seen before, everything is absolutely solid readable. The only shimmer I could have noticed was a random happy tree in the forest, which couldn´t decide, which side to face at me.

So in my first impression the OpenXR mod is a must have for every WMR headset owner, to improve DCS VR. I liked Reshade 5, but in comparison it´s just a small mod you could play and fiddle with to get a more beautiful image. OpenXR brings DCS VR to a next level experience... at least for Reverb G2 owners. 

• Like 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

6 hours ago, Rosebud47 said:

Uninstalling Reshade 5.0.2 is easy: just run the Installation again and at the end of the installation routine, after you choose which DirectX, Vulkan or OpenGL you want to choose for installation, the installer asks to uninstall a previous installation of Reshade. Confirming. Done.

Following the instruction of the OpenXR Quick Start Guide Thread - big thanks @nikoel for setting this up! - the installation of the OpenXR Mod went easy.

I´ve also installed OpenXR Tool Kit, but left it deactivated for today, to see if the modding went well and everything is working as it should. It does works as it should.

On a first glance, SteamVR / WMR for SteamVr is no longer needed - years of waiting for this to be done has come to an end! Also the flickering in the loading screens has gone completely.

About the visuals I´m not quite sure at the moment. The improvement in clarity and visual fidelity is massive, shimmering has gone completely ( the AV-8B Harrier cockpit always is good indicator about edge shimmering ).

But before going on euphorically, I have to admit, that in SteamVR I had a resolution running for the Reverb G2 at approx 70%, means around 2700 x 2700 or something. Now with OpenXR developer tool I´ve started with custome resolution at 100% and have no idea at the moment in which effective resolution it results ( will figure out later ), but I guess it´s a lot higher than around 70% in SteamVR ( native resolution for the Reverb G2 in SteamVr was settled at 50% there ).

While the whole process of starting up DCS in VR now feels much more fluid and homogeneous, the fluidity in flight feels the same...just feels, but is not as smooth as I´m going to adjust finally. The more looking to the left or right out of the cockpit the more the stutters get noticable... something could be fixed to anyones preference by tuning with the tools at hand.  

Back for a moment being euphoric: the MFDs in the Viper and the map in the Hind have reached a clarity now, I´ve never seen before, everything is absolutely solid readable. The only shimmer I could have noticed was a random happy tree in the forest, which couldn´t decide, which side to face at me.

So in my first impression the OpenXR mod is a must have for every WMR headset owner, to improve DCS VR. I liked Reshade 5, but in comparison it´s just a small mod you could play and fiddle with to get a more beautiful image. OpenXR brings DCS VR to a next level experience... at least for Reverb G2 owners. 

Hey bud 100% OpenXR is 100% SteamVR

At 70% you have been undersampling your G2. Since both are identical, this is the case for SteamVR and OpenXR. You have not been getting the image that HP and Steam have designed the headset for

In order to account for the pincushion distortion that the lenses produce you should run the slider at 100%. Which is around 140% of the resolution of the screens inside the headset. Therefore 140% = Native 100% on the slider

Anything lower is undersampling. Which is okay as long as you know you’re doing that to claw back performance  

If you want to learn more, here is a gentleman who had the same assumption and made a video to correct this  

Glad it’s working out for you, enjoy OpenXR

P.S. You can check your final per eye resolution by launching DCS and then navingating inside OpenXR Tools to the second tab. It’s about half way down

Edited by nikoel

6 hours ago, Rosebud47 said:

I experience the same. It's as if WMR reprojection omits certain graphical content from the reprojection or drops the frequency for them, where Steam MR may not? Other aircraft and vehicles seem to be updated at a slower frequency than most of the landscape, even if they are almost stationary. Sometimes the trees appear to ghost/fine stutter while the ground and mountains are perfectly smooth at 90fps.   

@nikoel First of all, thanks again for your perfect guide to lead through the OpenXR modding process. By following your guide helped me a lot getting a perfect result without problems in the process... can´t appreciate enough how you shared your knowledge here for everyone!

In next step I want to deal with the OpenXR Toolkit for performance optimization. What came to the eye instantly, changing from OpenVR to OpenXR with the Reverb G2, was the so much better image clarity.

Regarding the sliders to adjust the resolution in SteamVR respectively OpenXR developer tool, I´m not quite convinced how 100% are defined by HP for setting the hedset to its basic resolution. This causes a lot of confusion how we used to use terms like ´native resolution´ or ´supersampling´. Actually it´s the explanation of HP, saying "100% slider setting ( 3164 x 3092 ) is, as the G2 is meant be run in basic ( native? ) resolution. In additional explanation HP says "because to compensate the distortion effects".

There´s no doubt about, that the image quality generally looks much much better through supersampling, but always comes with some disadvantages respectively with costs in performance. This is valid for every headset and we are dealing with it on a daily base to find the optimum for our individual settings.

In my understanding the optimum for a crisp image always is the native resolution the LCD panels provide, which is a valid assumption for TVs, monitors, beamers, etc., but for VR things get more complicated as the viewing distance from the eye to display is so much closer.   ...anyways this is nothing new for us, but I just want to get closer softly to my point of view regarding the 100% slider setting ...

Now what I think about the 100% slider setting is, that it is just marketing of HP to make the HP Reverb look better than it actually is. Marketing is confusing terms to make you believe of this, like confusing "native resolution" or "supersampling". Like commercials for laundry detergent stating that their product is washing whiter than white. In fact, there os no whiter than white. White is white. Native resolution is the hardware resolution limit the LCD panels provide ( 2150 x 2150 for the G2 ). Upsampling is always going from the native resolution of the LCD displays.

As long as HP does not give a more specific explanation for their 100% slider setting is "as it should be" and everything above or below "as it should be" is "upsampling" or "downsampling" is like stating ´our product of HP Reverb G2 makes your image whiter than white".

Phuuu, okay, that may sound provocative to the discucssion and the explanation in the YouTube Video above, but it´s just mine point of view. I´m completely lost, when it´s coming up to subpixel technology and how this translates into VR images ...

Furthermore the HP explanation includes the distortion effect in VR. Well, then the G2 would be the first and only VR headset, which needs such an amount of supersampling ( from 2150 x 2150 ) to balance the distortion effect. The distortion effect usually gets visible on the outer edges horizontally in the FOV, if it´s not balanced by a certain amount of additional rendered pixels on a subpixel level ( please correct if my understanding is wrong on this ) in this FOV area. Therefore, we always have a slightly higher rendered pixel count on the horizontal than the native LCD panels provide ( 3164 x 3092 rendered on a 2150 x 2150 physical resolution display for example ). This slightly higher amount on the horizontal depends on the FOV the lenses physically provides, but it´s definitely not 50% more rendered pixels necessary to balance the distortion.

Now that you explained, that the 100% slider setting in OpenXR developer tool is identical in it´s effective resolution for the G2 to the 100% slider setting in SteamVR, let assume, that it is affected by a software setting possibly through the HP headset driver in the way the HP-driver is set to demand 3164 x 3092 as default resolution instead the native resolution ( +some more pixels horizontally ).

Now why this? I assume it´s just to make the G2 look better than it is to last longer in the market, by making people believe, ´it is a as it should be´ only by supersampling the image in VR, which, in any case, results in a better image in VR. There´s no magical LCD tech with the G2 LCD panels, which would support the statement of HP, that ´it is as it should be´, only by supersampling, which in their case shouldn´t be recognized as supersampling anymore, but "as it should be". In comparison Varjo did another approach regarding display tech for VR. They don´t use usual LCD panels, but have put a high resolution LCD panels in the sweetspot and a regular LCD panel in the peripheral areas, what could be regarded as true innovation in VR display tech. HP didn´t invent anything new with their LCD displays, which could make us belive they should be treated resolution-wise any other than any other VR headset.

Please don´t get me wrong, I´m not looking to expose others and others opinion, like it is a bad habit in the forums - I´m very much against this habit and am looking for communication in first place.  This confusing slider setting in any frontend App also shouldn´t lead to stressful thinking, as we are anyway trying to find the best settings in VR for ourselves including supersampling. 

With the OpenXR mod things get so much better with regard to the image quality/ performance ratio, than it ever was through OpenVR and SteamVR for the HP Reverb headset on my side and I´m so much thankfull to you taking the initiative and come up with the guide how to do it. 

The explanation for higher than native panel SteamVR 100% figures refers to the barrel distortion of the lenses, to ensure you get the right level of pixels in the centre area (which results in higher numbers around the edges hence higher than native)

The typical figure quoted is 1.4 but I assume it must be dependant on the physical lens design.

1.4*2160=3024 so the 100% SteamVR figures are pretty much spot on.

The G1 has a 100% SteamVR of around 2160 - its native panel resolution which is more unusual. Whether this is tweaked for performance I am not sure but HP did say the G2 lenses were different (better) and optimised at higher settings from the G1.

Having tried both my findings were the G2 has greater clarity at its higher resolution settings than a G1 at the same high resolution, whereas the G1 at the lower (native) resolution looked equal or even better than a G2 at the same resolution, so that proved in my mind at least that the G2 lenses were designed to run at a higher resolution.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I believe more in your actual experience, than in what the industry says. There is always a lot of marketing going on, especially for the VR headset consumer market, which the costumer can´t proove easily to be right or wrong or something in between. Relying on the uninfluenced experiences we share for ourselves, is better than on marketing influenced statements from the industry in my opinion. 

While running the G2 at around 70% slider setting, did not let me noticed any distortion effect. But for sure the overall image quality was less than with more supersampling, what is expectable. Actually I only noticed distortation of all the headsets I had only with the Pimax 5k+ and that was only when experimenting off the limits with FOV and POV settings in the according DCS .LUA files.

While I  do believe in your comparison that the G2 lenses are more optimized for higher resolution from the first iteration, I wouldn´t believe that the optimization would make such a massive increase in upsampling necessary. Also the FOV did not change significantly from G1 to G2, nor the native resolution. It´s weird, what there´s going on ...

I believe the industry got cost intense problems by dealing with the distortion the higher the FOV is. Maybe that´s why we didn´t see so far a raise of standard FOV with new generations of VR headsets, but that´s only assumption...

Valve´s Index came up with some double lens tech to balance the distortion and to achieve an edge to edge clarity, which is quite innovative. But HP didn´t invent the Reverb with  significantly new tech, with the G2.

... I still believe there is more a marketing effect in the industry statements to make people supersampling by default or to cover some inbalance in design. A panel resolution of around 3000 x 3000 with an FOV of around 150° ( with more horziontal resolution )  would be something I would like more to deal with than with software adjustments on cost for the quality/performance ratio.

14 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

While running the G2 at around 70% slider setting, did not let me noticed any distortion effect. But for sure the overall image quality was less than with more supersampling, what is expectable.

You shouldn't see distortion at lower resolutions but a lower image quality as you experienced. The compensation for barrel distortion causes the pixels to be further spaced in the middle. By packing in more pixels it simply reduces the space between them. So you end up with a higher resolution than native to achieve higher quality in the centre. Or something like that!

sparse.png

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yeah, but the space between the pixels is more noticable as a screendoor effect on lower resolution LCD panels at small FOV. I´m glad, that with the G2 there is no longer a screendoor effect visible and I think the Reverb has got really good panels according to the FOV of the lenses. After all criticism, I´m really happy with the HP Reverb and more than that after using the OpenXR mod.

Seems to be hard for the industry to get the exact balance between the LCD panels and lenses through the VR compositor.

It´s very interesting what you´ve observed by this:

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Baldrick33:

Having tried both my findings were the G2 has greater clarity at its higher resolution settings than a G1 at the same high resolution, whereas the G1 at the lower (native) resolution looked equal or even better than a G2 at the same resolution, so that proved in my mind at least that the G2 lenses were designed to run at a higher resolution.

So it looks like HP had replaced the lenses of the G1 but not the displays for the G2 and then running into issues finding the right balance to distort the image to the new lenses, which now need to be compensated by supersampling to get the best results, who knows, it´s just speculation ...

Do you remember this one company XTAL from Prague, Czech Republic which came up with a 200° FOV super expensive headset? In some interviews they mentioned, that they had a lot of lenses wasted until they found the right cut for the lenses to compensate the distortion correctly... it seems to be a challenge to get it right.

I also like the idea of edge to edge clarity to eliminate the sweetspot. There are rumours around Valve is working on a new headset, but so far nothing concrete is known.

For the moment the OpenXR connectivity in DCS made the G2 like a new headset to me and I could happily live with it for another year until it´s worn out.

Here is a very good and understandable explanation of barrel distortion for those of us who are visual learners.

Net bottom line is, you lose data as the compositor prepares the image for display.  Sadly you just have to render more pixels than you can display.  If you don't, it's not distortion you have to worry about.  You wind up with a smaller sweetspot, a fuzzier sweetspot or both.  I don't have anything against small fuzzy sweet spots in general, but I don't like em in VR at all.  

I do think WMR4SVR introduces some artifacts, shimmering among them.  

Whether OXR improves performance, and to what extent, seems to depend on your system.  We are all scratching our heads trying to figure it out.  My advice is, don't get too hung up on FPS.  Not a great metric for VR to begin with, and some of the action might be happening beyond where your FPS counters can reach.  

@Rosebud47 what GPU do you have?  

Here's one organized way to troubleshoot your stutters.  You'll need two utilities:

• OpenXR Developer Toolkit, which you get from the Microsoft Store (sounds like you already have that)
  • OpenXR Toolkit Companion App, which you download from github

I'd start with the Companion App, bring up the FPS counter, select the detailed output, and take her for a spin on an empty map (Caucasus free flight works for most of us).  Nobody really cares what your frame rates are (welcome to VR) but we are interested in your GPU times.  What are you averaging? 

If they are averaging much more than 20ms, look at your settings.  Are you running ultra clouds, high shadows and MSAAx4?   You're dreaming my friend.  Read some VR optimization guides and come back down to earth.

If you still can't nail 20ms after that (likely if you have a 3070/6700XT or less) you probably need to undersample.  Two ways to do this.  First, make sure your DCS Pixel Density is 1.0, don't mess with that.  Then you can either:

• Adjust the slider in the OpenXR Developer Toolkit (from the MIcrosoft Store).  This works just like the SVR slider.  
  • Remember fholgers VR Performance KIt?   The one that lets you use FSR or NIS?  That functionality is built into the OpenXR Tookit (from github).  You just have to navigate through those infernal menus to find it.   This scales differently from the SVR slider (and acts a lot like the pixel density slider).  I'd try 77%  which is "ultra" quality and even though the performance impact is like running Steam at 60% (or PD of 0.77), it looks a heck of a lot better.  (NOTE, it seems to work for me but I don't go there very often; others have reported  this was still a work in progress.  If you don't like it, try again with the next round of updates)

If your GPU times are averaging less than 20ms, you're golden.  You have several options available to you to smooth things out. 

What you're supposed to do is, turn on motion reprojection ("always on") in the OpenXR Developer Toolkit (from the Microsoft Store).  It definitely works but it causes a lot of tearing.  You may hate it, or you may love it.  Try it and see.

The other option is to dial down either your settings or resolution shooting for a GPU time of somewhere around 16ms.  Personally I think that looks OK without motion reprojection.  

VR is no hobby for a perfectionist.   ALL of these strategies introduce their own artifacts.  Welcome to VR! You just gotta figure out which one drives you the least bonkers. 

My advice is, don't forget to get out there and play some.  Stuff that seems like a big hairy deal when you're tuning (or sight-seeing, which is why they made MSFS) may not matter much when the fur starts flying (which is why they made DCS).  

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

3 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

So it looks like HP had replaced the lenses of the G1 but not the displays for the G2 and then running into issues finding the right balance to distort the image to the new lenses, which now need to be compensated by supersampling to get the best results, who knows, it´s just speculation ...

Distortion is normal, it is the effect of lens shape up close to your eyes. The compensation is to remove the pincushion effect image seen through the lens to a rectangle by applying distortion to the image on the panel. Supersampling simply improves the quality of image by increasing the pixels to compensate for the stretch the distortion in the centre.

My guess is that when the G2 was developed it was considered there would be more computer power allowing HP to up the target resolution and develop lenses accordingly.

lens 0.png

Yeah, you can´t have enough computer power to run VR. @DeltaMike I´m running a 3080Ti currently. John Carmack once stated that for human eye like perception in VR you need a native resolution of 16K ...

well, we got some way to go to get there... 

Need to stop enjoying the forums now and getting back to work ...

77% for NIS activated is a good advice. Have to try the OXR Toolkit this evening. I´ll let the 100% in OXR developer tool as the image is brilliant and going on from there to improve performance. There are some questions, like if it is recommendable to set prerendered VR images in Nvidia panel to 2 or 3 as the OpenXR reprojection method works in more steps differently from SteamVR reprojection in one step, respectively interpolating one image at 45Hz. Fixed Foveated rendering I would only apply, if I can´t get good results to satisfy performance with other tools with less impact on visula quality.

Actually I´ve stopped orientating too much on FPSVR or GPU timing figures and did indeed fly more, also with some stress tests until I feel happy. ED needs to come up with multithreading better sooner than later to improve performance in DCS VR! Every timing for the CPU to process a workload not necessary for VR imagery is a timing less we have for the performance in VR - it´s a good damn bottleneck we´re currently pushing through so much. 

You shouldn't have to downscale.   I'd try full resolution without MSAA and see how things look and run.  Maybe go the other way, try a little supersampling instead of MSAA

1. It's not really MSAA, it's probably just supersampling anyway
  2. Scaling introduces jaggies and shimmering.  Kind of a death spiral. 
  3. DCS doesn't really have a decent anti-aliasing solution

Keep it simple

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

You´re right! I´ve now deactivated NIS and was just going with Reprojection always, what resulted in same FPS but better image quality ( less grainy cockpit and less blurry symbology on the MFDs ) solid 30/31 FPS with the newer modules and some 45 FPS with Harrier, Ka-50, Huey with dips into 30 FPS depending on the scenery.

2x MSAA is something I´ve always activated and clearly improves visual quality on my side. I´ll take the performance impact on that as the effect of MSAA 2x is everywhere visible.

I´m also keeping the tuning as slim as possible, as I think every additional image processing reduces the image quality a bit more.

What I´ve observed is, that reprojection at 30Hz is not as smooth as reprojection at 45Hz, which is no surprise, but at 30Hz the image is still fluid, but not as buttery smooth as with 45Hz.

OpenXR reprojection does a better job on the Reverb G2 than SteamVR reprojection anyway.

I think OpenXR Reprojection could be locked somehow, but so far I leave it like it is now and go back to flight training instead. Let´s wait for an DCS World engine upgrade ... finally ... hopefully ... can´t believe that ED is not recognizing, that a better performance of the engine would give many more people access to DCS ... 

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just got openxr working for me in DCS but i cant seem to open the settings menu in game. Ctrl + F2 does not do anything. Sorry im new to this. Am I doing something wrong?

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, J3ST3R said:

Hi all, just got openxr working for me in DCS but i cant seem to open the settings menu in game. Ctrl + F2 does not do anything. Sorry im new to this. Am I doing something wrong?

You need more than the Open XR runtime to be able to access those adjustments, you need the Open XR Toolkit application. Do you have that installed?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

21 minutes ago, dburne said:

You need more than the Open XR runtime to be able to access those adjustments, you need the Open XR Toolkit application. Do you have that installed?

Yes I do, I followed the guide, Did a full repair, downloaded and installed Opencomposite, openxr for WMR etc Downloaded and installed the toolkit 1.1.4. Dcs runs without steamvr and openxr says its connected etc. I got the count down message saying push ctrl F2 then it disappeared and nothing happens when i press ctrl F2

Edited by J3ST3R

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

43 minutes ago, J3ST3R said:

Yes I do, I followed the guide, Did a full repair, downloaded and installed Opencomposite, openxr for WMR etc Downloaded and installed the toolkit 1.1.4. Dcs runs without steamvr and openxr says its connected etc. I got the count down message saying push ctrl F2 then it disappeared and nothing happens when i press ctrl F2

Change the timeout to zero. See if you can re-assign those hotkeys, when I was using it I assigned them to my arrow keys on lower part of keyboard for easier reach.

Don B

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

Change the timeout to zero. See if you can re-assign those hotkeys, when I was using it I assigned them to my arrow keys on lower part of keyboard for easier reach.

What timeout do you mean? WMR?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

28 minutes ago, dburne said:

Got it working now. Thanks for your replys

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

34 minutes ago, J3ST3R said:

Got it working now. Thanks for your replys

You are most welcome have fun!!

Don B

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, Supmua said:

Microsoft games will not utilize Vulkan (a successor to OpenGL) since they develop and use their own Direct X API.  You can bet that OpenXR will eventually come to DCS, as it is the new (unified) VR standard that is being pushed and supported by all major parties (MS, Steam, Meta).

lol that is so wrong it's scary. 

I just made the switch and I totally agree that E D should support OXR along with Vulcan which should be Top Priority. All the Aircraft are working great it’s Virtual Reality that needs it the most.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020