MIG-15 G-load

PAIDtriot

The G-load being pulled by the AI MIG-15 aircraft are insane and completely unrealistic. There is NO WAY a MIG-15 is going to pull 6+ G's even if the airframe can do it (which it probably can). This is because the pilots didn't have G-suits. North Korean and Russian pilots couldn't pull that kind of G w/o blacking out. I don't know if it is possible for player controlled MIG-15 aircraft to pull 6+ G's, but that shouldn't be possible either. The Radar gun sight and G-suits are two important advantages U.S. pilots had over their MIG-15 adversaries.

Can this be fixed?

About 6G is doable, briefly, without a G-suit, but it'd tire the pilot out quickly. However, that doesn't change the fact the MiG-15 way too good. It's still an aircraft designed very soon after WWII, without afterburner, radar sight or missiles. In the hands of AI, it doesn't feel like one, I found a way to kill in it a MiG-19, but it puts far too much of a fight against one. Realistically, the -19 is basically holding all the cards, it does everything better than the -15.

Edited by Dragon1-1

Ai fm are notoriously all over the place, i can attest though that in the mp environment the sabre and the mig are closely matched with perhaps the sabre coming out on top due to being out to out pace the mig and be able to accelerate with it. not to mention having more opporunities and accuracy to reach out at range. 

• Like 2

The Sabre, as is, can NOT accelerate with the MiG-15. And yes, the g load is an issue. I was able to adjust this in the MiG .lua by knocking down the g suit number as a percentage of 1.0. even the MiG-19 was way too high at something more than 2.0 even for a bird with a g suit. Also, you can limit the max g and roll angle in the .lua. But AFAIK, the newest versions of DCS world and beta do NOT allow .lua edits anymore because of abuse in multiplayer online. With such a clear distinction between online and offline so easily attained, I can't understand why this was done. I, for one, have never played online because I just haven't been practice enough to feel presentable. Mostly because the AI is so OP. a couple years back I looked into the SFM for the 15. Sure enough (and maybe even the Sabre) there is a paradoxical anomaly in the SFM matrix. There should be absolutely no lift at Mach= 0.0 but somehow the SFMs show some value greater than 1.0 for the lift coefficient. Maybe there is something to this because the coefficient is multiplied by airspeed, but at Mach = 0 it should be 0, or at least something much less than 1.0. I am pretty sure this is where it get's it's Sputnik ability and has recently taken advantage of it in the lame AI update to zoom climb and stall turn. The Sabre has no hope of following it here, so no, the Sabre can NOT accelerate with the MiG. While this is somewhat historical, for skill setting like rookie and trained, it horribly frustrating one on one. I feel like now you need at least 3 v 1 with Sabre advantage to form a defensive circle and keep enough energy in your wingmen to meet them MiG at the top of it's climb. This seems to be the only way to make a dogfight, 3 v 1 last less than 15 minutes or some nonsense. I have purposely kept my Beta install back at 2.7 to keep my .lua edit ability. Even cheating the Sabre thrust is not enough. M2 muzzle velocities are better but range and life need to be boosted way up to get realistic behavior to come close to the mv historical advantage.

Z, I see you were referring to mp online. I am talking about offline AI.

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse