Thrustmaster MFDx2 Mount on 11.6" screen

After seeking a solution to mount both TM MFDs onto a single 11.6" screen 'cleanly' - I have finally managed to end up with what I think is a fairly decent and useable solution, with the remainder of the 11.6" screen now being covered. Nothing in the realms of a full on cockpit sim - but gives the functionality and appearance that I wanted - i.e both MFDs together under the main screen within easy arms reach.

Firstly - many thanks to @Zulu_Uniform. Following his posts here and some additional advice I took his 3d model and tweaked it a little bit - namely to add a box section at the top of the faceplate to allow it to sit firmly on the screen and add a bit more rigidity, some channel guides at the bottom to better protect and feed the USB cables through, and a small raised lip around each cutout to assist in locating the screens. 

I used M2 14mm countersunk screws to attach the panels onto the plate, which I covered with 1mm thick self adhesive sealing foam to protect the screen underneath.

Apologies for the self indulgent post, but felt I needed to tell someone (anyone).

If anyone is interested happy to share the 3d file. 

IMG_20220307_102204.jpg

IMG_20220307_102221.jpg

IMG_20220307_102242.jpg

IMG_20220307_131433.jpg

IMG_20220307_131228.jpg

Edited by Leg2ion
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Hi @Red.01 Screen is a Wimaxit 11.6" monitor from Amazon UK.  Not sure if this forum allows links but happy to PM you the details if you cannot find it. The face plate the MFDs are mounted on is 2mm thick - which is thick enough to take the countersunk attaching screws without them pulling through.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I was looking at the same one but decided to use my existing tablet with the use of Helios and a usb monitor software.

I'm using it for the F16 mfds but it exports so dull and dark(bugged) it's hardly worth.

Thanks for the reply anyway 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Pepsi Link for the .STL files here (another post where someone else asked for them).

A word of caution - I had mine printed out remotely - and the left edge kept distorting/warping - although once on the screen and the MFD screwed on flattened out nicely. One solution may be to increase the thickness to 3mm from 2mm.

• Thanks 1

I have mine mounted on an 11.6" screen (a couple years ago now).  I just used velcro tape to keep it on with a couple furniture pads in the middle to keep it from flexing towards the screen in the middle.  I also have it mounted to a swivel monitor arm so I can bring it close and move it all out of the way when I'm not using it.  I can post a pic if someone is interested.

That 3d cutout is a great solution, but I don't know the first thing about 3d printing.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

20 hours ago, aleader said:

That 3d cutout is a great solution, but I don't know the first thing about 3d printing.

Likewise. I had it printed by an online printer service. Tad pricey but worth it. Used craftcloud - that give you loads of options (too many if a novice in my view) - with good customer support. First print arrived warped so a new one was printed and dispatched at no extra cost.