add an ADF in kHz in Mission Editor

Talvid

hello all, I'm making a personnel transport mission for the Marianas, how do I use the mission editor to set ADF signals in kHz for the Huey to follow (like in the Argo campaign)?  For say like a soldier needing pickup in a grassy field.  

Does anyone know how the 4YA server makes CSAR beacons in kHz for the downed pilots?

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

Hello. You have two ways to do it. You can attach the radio beacon:

• to a trigger zone
  • or to a unit

Here's a post that comes with two missions. Please try them and tell me if you have any question.

As a sidenote: the multiplayer bug I mention in this other thread should be fixed soon.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I tried all 3 .miz from the thread, the last one I have questions about, but the first two worked fine.  

The morse code from the beacon.ogg spelled: CTLD CIRIBOB 

is it absolutely necessary to include an audio file for the zone beacon to work?

Edited by Iceman555

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

Yes, the beacon sound is from Ciribob's CTLD mod.

I believe I've never tried to create a beacon without a sound file. I find the sound is pretty useful.

Anyway, you should give it a go.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

yeah, I'm thrilled.  It only works when there is an audio file as part of the radio transmission item. Check this out I placed numbers after the decimal on the Freq and it did in fact work with the ADF compass direction finder set to about 355kHz.  Thanks Flappy!image.png

• Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!