SAI won't uncage

sobek

Hey everybody,

i was following the startup procedure from the training missions yesterday but i can't get the SAI to uncage/the red flag on it does not disappear. I have definately put on SAI power but when i press the uncage button, nothing happens. Am i missing a switch here or might this be a bug?

cheers

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The odd thing is, it does nothing when i click at it, either right or left click, and if i click and use the mouse wheel i only zoom towards it?!

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

sobek The odd thing is, it does nothing when i click at it, either right or left click, and if i click and use the mouse wheel i only zoom towards it?!

12-12-2008 06:13 AM

I have the same problem from time to time. I am not sure what causes it. The way I fix it is a press any of the different view buttons (i.e. F2,F3,etc.) and then press F1 again and the cockpit work fine again, and I can used mi mouse wheel in the cockpit instruments again.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

IIRC, you should not need to pull the knob to Uncage it, because it is already locked in the pulled up, caged position. To Uncage it, you should simply have to roll it counter-clockwise. To Cage it back up, you have to pull it back and roll clockwise. "As real as it gets."

Well, exept the software bugs. :) There may be an in-cockpit mouse issue. As suggested above, either going to external view then back in or toggling the cockpit mouse on/off will usually fix this.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• ED Team

When you start in the cold cockpit:

To turn the knob left: Simply use the mousewheel, no button needed.

Tu turn it right and cage it: use the mousewheel until it dont turn right anymore, klick and HOLD the right mousebutton and then turn it further to the right.

Thats it folks :)

It happens to me as well from time to time that the mouse wheel suddenly zooms in cockpit despite not being assigned to do so.

In this case, I go to an outside view (F2 or F11) and zoom there with the wheel, afterwards back in pit the wheel ceased zooming again.

Russian and English version alike.

Feature or bug?:music_whistling:

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"