Apache Study Aids

[HOUNDS] CptTrips

HI guys.

To help myself get up to speed for Apache, I made myself some study aid quizzes to drill info from the -10 manual.  Just so I can get the cockpits and symbology uploaded into my brain to be better ready to work on skills once I get the aircraft in my hands.  It might be useful for other noobs like me.

Hope it helps some: http://helo-ops.net/StudyAids

<S>

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

That is awesome, thank you! 

This would be very helpful for other aircraft also. I wouldn't mind helping if you choose to add other aircraft to it..

Edited by t_hedlund
adding info

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

3 hours ago, t_hedlund said:

That is awesome, thank you! 

This would be very helpful for other aircraft also. I wouldn't mind helping if you choose to add other aircraft to it..

Thanks.  I still have more to do on the Apache.  Depending on how useful it proves, next would probably be the Kiowa.  

For me personally, at least the cockpit and flight mpd page, and symbology stuff is useful.  Everytime I think I have it nailed, I redo it and end up going...hmmm what was that one again?  😉

I'm looking at the quickstart manual and wondering if there is a useful way of quizifying those workflow steps at the end.

This was really a sloppy quick and dirty hack just to play with and use for the Apache.  It turned out to be a bit of a tedious process that I was cussing to myself to not have designed it better.  🤪

Someday what I should do is just write a page where a subject matter expert could upload their own graphic and question/answer pairs and I put it in a database and programmatically generate the quiz page. The other users could upload their own quizzes with no further work on my part other than reviewing the content to protect against griefers before flipping a switch to make that quiz live.  Maybe someday. 😉

• Like 1

Thanks,,, nice work!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

@[16AGR] CptTrips, I do find this very helpful. I could see it very help in something like the F-14 also, as I always struggle with the switch placements. 

I'm not sure if you planned to or not, but something like your quizzes could also be configured for start-up and emergency procedures. I the plan to uploaded and the SME could fill them out.

I don't know anything about the code involved in this, but if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Thanks again for this. 

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

5 minutes ago, t_hedlund said:

@[16AGR] CptTrips, I do find this very helpful. I could see it very help in something like the F-14 also, as I always struggle with the switch placements. 

I'm not sure if you planned to or not, but something like your quizzes could also be configured for start-up and emergency procedures. I the plan to uploaded and the SME could fill them out.

I don't know anything about the code involved in this, but if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Thanks again for this. 

Thanks for the offer.  When I get ready to do that I'll ping you.  Yeah, I'll be staying with Helo's more than likely, so guys like you would have to handle fixed wing.  I'll have to wait until I get time to recode that.  Maybe later this summer.  

<S>

• Like 1