Giant Cones

jomonto

Hello,

I'm trying to learn the basic control maneuvers, flying the Huey.
In this youtube video about hovering, there are giant cones. The narrator says to "setup a few cones in the mission editor".
I can't find any cones. 

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

-john

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jomonto said:

Hello,

I'm trying to learn the basic control maneuvers, flying the Huey.
In this youtube video about hovering, there are giant cones. The narrator says to "setup a few cones in the mission editor".
I can't find any cones. 

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

-john

In the Mission Editor find as in picture and drag to where you want it. Select to copy and paste using keyboard command ctrl c etc to paste duplicatesMission Editor.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

@DishDoggie

Thank you for the welcome and I'm looking forward to it.
You guys make this look so easy, so smooth... I wanna do that, how hard could it be?
HAHAHA....

But, the challenge is fun and I know I'll find that secret "Hover Button"! - smile

thanks,

-john

@jomonto

Lol I enjoy seeing a new starter because it reminds me of how much fun I had Killing myself over and over. Lol the truth is I had to approach this Huey thing my own way and I did EVERYTHING wrong lol But I learned and had a ton of fun. So I thought I would just go crazy and started doing all the crazy things like going 99 and hitting the Stopper and swing it 180 and land like a John Wayne Movie. So After I died a million times doing that I started just flying the taxi ways and staying over the black top and then flying from end to end of the runway 99 miles an hour and coming to a stop with control. Something started to click after some time almost like I grew up. LOL 

• Like 1

@Mordants

I had to do a quick how-to with the mission editor, but I have it all figured out now.
Making the V of cones and moving the controls window to the lower right of the screen, has really helped get a feel for keeping things steady.

thanks again for the help,

john-

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

@jomonto

Lol I enjoy seeing a new starter because it reminds me of how much fun I had Killing myself over and over. Lol the truth is I had to approach this Huey thing my own way and I did EVERYTHING wrong lol But I learned and had a ton of fun. So I thought I would just go crazy and started doing all the crazy things like going 99 and hitting the Stopper and swing it 180 and land like a John Wayne Movie. So After I died a million times doing that I started just flying the taxi ways and staying over the black top and then flying from end to end of the runway 99 miles an hour and coming to a stop with control. Something started to click after some time almost like I grew up. LOL 

Doggie I'm doing the same things you did and I'm not using force trim anymore and like magic it's been easier to do hovering, faster landings and other crazy stuff. I'm finally starting to have some fun. Hi.

Edited by Calabrone
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jomonto said:

@Mordants

I had to do a quick how-to with the mission editor, but I have it all figured out now.
Making the V of cones and moving the controls window to the lower right of the screen, has really helped get a feel for keeping things steady.

thanks again for the help,

john-

Glad to have helped.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

@Calabrone Hi, and thank you. 

-and you are not kidding, at least for what I see now... it's an everyday practice session!

THEN, I can John Wayne it like @DishDoggie ! 

-when in reality, I'll probably just barely be able to deliver the mail and maybe drop an air conditioner unit on a roof, if I'm lucky! - hahaha 

But, none the less, it still looks like a blast.

john-

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jomonto said:

@Calabrone @DishDoggie

I think I have FINALLY figured out landings....
I can reasonably land within the same county now... hahaha.  -sob, this has been painful.

I'll keep working on it... but it's all slowly coming together.

Huey's !!!!!

Lol Congratulations It gets easier as time goes on. Welcome to the Huey fun. That's Awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, Calabrone said:

Doggie I'm doing the same things you did and I'm not using force trim anymore and like magic it's been easier to do hovering, faster landings and other crazy stuff. I'm finally starting to have some fun. Hi.

That's the ticket. Force trim is for straight ahead cruise. With a spring centered joystick, it gives your arm a break.

Release the trim when maneuvering, landing and hovering and you will be amazed.  🇺🇦

Edited by rayrayblues
  • Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU