F4U Project status?

flygav

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've already said in another post that, in the same time that this model is taking, the real F4U was designed, flight tested and then saw combat in WW2. Pretty soon I'm going to have to include Korea. Hopefully not the 1960's Soccer War.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ercoupe said:

in the same time that this model is taking, the real F4U was designed, flight tested and then saw combat in WW2

A fair comparison, Chance Vought had 1500 employees at the time, while Leatherneck is a small software company 🙄

… frankly I dont care how long it takes to appear, I just fly something else in the meantime, while I save money to purchase it once it does appear … no point in freaking out while waiting for it.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Oh Hell, let's not get all serious over an airplane in a video game. I think we have different definitions of the phrase, "Freaking Out." My post was meant to be tongue in cheek, and I was actually expecting at least one, "lol!"

However, if we wanted to get serious....yeah, an animated computer model of an airplane versus a real nuts and bolts metal machine, twelve thousand or so of them as  a  matter of fact. Well, yeah....it's been a little long.

And with DCS being my favorite combat flight simulator I'm not sitting around waiting for it. I'm flying "something else" almost every night.' Hell, if we never get it, we never get it.

• Like 2

kinda how I feel. Outta sight, outta mind...  If it shows, it shows...   otherwise, I'm flying and enjoying other birds.

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

58 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

Oh Hell, let's not get all serious over an airplane in a video game. I think we have different definitions of the phrase, "Freaking Out." My post was meant to be tongue in cheek, and I was actually expecting at least one, "lol!"

However, if we wanted to get serious....yeah, an animated computer model of an airplane versus a real nuts and bolts metal machine, twelve thousand or so of them as  a  matter of fact. Well, yeah....it's been a little long.

And with DCS being my favorite combat flight simulator I'm not sitting around waiting for it. I'm flying "something else" almost every night.' Hell, if we never get it, we never get it.

Dont mind Rudel. He seems to come to the aid of every dev and talk down to anyone who dares question anything. 
A WWII module that has taken this long, does raise questions though. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If it eventually gets released hopefully by then the Marianas will be playable in VR. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV