AI wingman ignores targets designation with JDAMs

Go to solution Solved by toutenglisse,

Hi there !

On my mission my flight is tasking of engaging AAA sites.

I have a trigger ''engage en route'' to attack that particular group (and only this one) + ROE to ''only designated''.

That way I would expect to give him the order ''engage primary and rejoin'' for him to drop his JDAMs before I come for a 64D run if needed.

He goes in and just attack other targets.

I cannot order him to engage Air Defences because there are other inactive SA-6 launchers and he will attack them.

He has 4x GBU-38 JDAMs.

If I get him 4x GBU-12, it works.

Any thoughts ?

In the ME, my flight has the "SAM" group (which consist of 4x ZSU23 and the OSA-8) and designated target + only designated ROE.

For those tracks I purposely kept all the triggers in place, that part of the mission is supposed to happen way later. I just edited our starting position near our Fence In point.
Normally, we make our runs after the SA-6, OSA-8 and SA-11 have been disabled by a dedicated SEAD flight.

In this case, the wingman is usually targetting the Su-34 on the taxiway.

All in all, he never engages the AAA positions. I thought the GBU-12 were working but it may have been a lucky shot when it happened.

So basically, he ignores his orders.

Note that in the JDAM run, he drops his bombs and then engage the SA-11 with the gun ...

• Solution
On 3/8/2022 at 9:27 PM, 84-Simba said:

...Any thoughts ?

Hi Simba, your issue is due to 2 factors that are not very clear when you don't really understand them.

1st is : as you lead the flight as player, you never reach your waypoints from the AI wingman perspective. Only AI flight reaches its wpts and so applies the wpts actions. So only the actions made in wpt zero (spawn) are applied to AI wingman if leader is player.

2nd is : ROE only designated means engage only targets designated in wpt actions. But your 1st priority wpt action is CAS-a so all ground targets (but with threat priority) will be engaged, not only target designated in "en route" task. If you want the "en route" target to be the only one you need to delete CAS-a.

Here a post from @Grimes that gives a detailed explanation of ROE etc...

And attached is your mission with some modifications (CAS-a deleted, deletion of unnecessary actions, actions transfered to first wpt (wpt 0) for AI wingman effectiveness). I've not tested as designed (player + AI) but with AI only flight and auto trigger of SEAD and Strike packages, but it should work now.

test-from-track.miz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1