can you imagine Mig-29's at Ramstein Air Base?

Ramstein

I was there 3 years, a long time ago, and never thought that would happen. It might or might not, Under Nato. And only for a quick in and out.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I was there a decade earlier, and the thought of the Migs there wasn't in the cards.... of course the Germans flew our aircraft and helos, but that was it back then. The Swiss were still flying the F-100 Sabre. I can go on and on. We also had Hahn and Zweibrucken and so much more.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I live a stone throw away from RAB and I can tell you...there is lots going on. Hercules and Globemasters, Stratotankers...just look flightradar24. Usually I can hear the C-130s when they come in for landing, they routinely fly over my village before lining up with the strip.

Tbh, I don't think it will happen yet. As sad as it is.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

12 hours ago, BitMaster said:

I live a stone throw away from RAB and I can tell you...there is lots going on. Hercules and Globemasters, Stratotankers...just look flightradar24. Usually I can hear the C-130s when they come in for landing, they routinely fly over my village before lining up with the strip.

Tbh, I don't think it will happen yet. As sad as it is.

Same goes for AWACS activity here at Geilenkirchen (I live under the downwind leg 😋)

You know sh#t is serious when they keep flying throughout weekends

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 3/9/2022 at 4:18 AM, razo+r said:

Switzerland never had F-100. They used the Dh.100 though. 

I am not sure if I took a photo of it.... I worked the flight line and while I never took a photo of everything I took plenty... I may even serviced it,, as I serviced up to 5,000 aircraft between all my duty stations, including SAC, TAC, MAC, Comms. it had registration and tail for Swiss. I saw some one offs too, but I never got info about everything...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI