A small set of missions

Lace

I am writing a set of missions depicting a low intensity skirmish between two fictional small African nations.  It will take place in the north of Cyprus, with multiplayer slots for two aircraft, and playable from Red and Blue sides (probably as 3 separate .miz files, red, blue and both). 

Blue have taken delivery of a small detachment of ex-Israeli AH-64Ds.  Their orbat is a mix of new/old mostly western kit.  They have no offensive fixed-wing assets

Red are equipped with ex-soviet kit, with the playable units being the MiG-21 and the Mi-8

The scenario back story is as follows...

Bluefor:

Equatorial Mirumba, thanks to revenue generated by recent coastal oil reserve exploitation has begun replacing its older military hardware with small amounts of modern western equipment.  The relationship with their Southern neighbour had always been frosty, but never hostile, however the recent coup and violent tendencies of Field Marshal Kijambiya are well known and a cause of real concern for President Mutello.  The Mirumban Volunteer Army has increased border patrols and all forces have been brought to readiness.  The newly delivered AH-64 gunships will prove critical to maintain the safety and prosperity of the people of Equatorial Mirumba.

Redfor:

Having secured power in a military coup, supported in large by the population of The People’s Democratic Republic of Kzama on promises of economic reform, Field Marshal Kijambiya casts an envious eye over their small but wealthy neighbour to the North.  Feeling pressure to make good his promise and wanting to maintain momentum, Kzaman People's Army troops have been harassing Equatorial Mirumba's border patrols with sporadic skirmishes and intimidation.  The Kzaman Peoples Air Force's small fleet of mostly outdated ex-soviet hardware is primed and ready for further operations into Equatorial Mirumba's sovereign territory. However, aware of Mirumba's recent spending Field Marshal Kijambiya is worried that any delays will only make the job harder, and possibly not achievable at all.  It is now or never.  Decisive action is required if the oil wealth of their rivals is to be seized.

The first couple of missions will be ready as soon as the Apache drops, six total planned.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

3 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Really interesting, will you provide new skins for Mirumban Air Force and Kzaman Sir force?

Would love to, but most aircraft are sporting the liveries of the various export nations which supplied them at the moment.  It's not easy to get stuff painted around here.

I'm trying to go for something far removed from the sanitised and procedural modern US/NATO type experience a lot of missions offer, and go for something more chaotic and atmospheric if I can.  Also I figure AH-64 vs MiG-21 is about as asymmetric as air warfare is possible to get.  Might work, might not. We'll see.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

9 hours ago, Stratos said:

I think I will create some skins for your campaign once released. I really like those setups with fictional countries. Thanks!

Sounds great.  At the moment I'm using IDF, Angolan, and Algerian skins for the units.  A mix of desert/jungle appropriate colours, but lots of colour also feels appropriate for an African warlord.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DN308 said:

Don’t hesitate to make these mission SP please

They will be playable as SP, but will have 2x Pilot and 2x CPG slots for BLUE.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here are the first couple, both as Red and probably of more interest here, Blue.  First one is more of a FAMEX, second can be hairy.  Keep your distance and use your sensors.

BORDER SKIRMISH BLUE 1.miz BORDER SKIRMISH BLUE 2.miz BORDER SKIRMISH RED 1.miz BORDER SKIRMISH RED 2.miz