Neutrality in this forum please.

Mizzy

Dear ED,

I have noticed people are showing the colours of a certain state in their Avtar or whatever. This is not a political game/simulation and I ask that all members of this community refrain from political inference.

Mizzy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst i agree that the forum as a whole should be neutral and impartial, certain colors are just that - colors.

It is not a Nazi symbol, which is frowned upon in pretty much every corner of the earth.

Its just colors.

There is a flag in my avatar - would i be considered to have become political? 🤔

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

These are difficult times, and I understand that there are a lot of emotions and wounds and it would be better for people to keep politics out and I too support that the forum as a whole should be neutral and impartial.

However, I think that if we're going to survive through this as individuals on this forum, we've got to choose to be the difference ourselves, and we've got to make the decision not to take offence, or be upset if someone just flies a particular flag or color in their avatar. Because seriously - can we really expect the whole community to abide by this on their own decisions? 

I don't think so. So that really only leaves ED to step in with censorship which honestly - for colors or a flag of an actual nation (and I don't care which nation either) - I think that would be a huge overstepping of a line. We are after all only talking colors of a nation, and we don't know if that nation is the home of those people or not, or what connection they may have.

If people start engaging in actual political discussions, sure - I'm 100% behind closing it down, but I think the best approach is for us all to show a bit of grace and not take offense or be upset over someone's display in colors alone. 👍

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

These are difficult times, and I understand that there are a lot of emotions and wounds and it would be better for people to keep politics out and I too support that the forum as a whole should be neutral and impartial.

However, I think that if we're going to survive through this as individuals on this forum, we've got to choose to be the difference ourselves, and we've got to make the decision not to take offence, or be upset if someone just flies a particular flag or color in their avatar. Because seriously - can we really expect the whole community to abide by this on their own decisions? 

I don't think so. So that really only leaves ED to step in with censorship which honestly - for colors or a flag of an actual nation (and I don't care which nation either) - I think that would be a huge overstepping of a line. We are after all only talking colors of a nation, and we don't know if that nation is the home of those people or not, or what connection they may have.

If people start engaging in actual political discussions, sure - I'm 100% behind closing it down, but I think the best approach is for us all to show a bit of grace and not take offense or be upset over someone's display in colors alone. 👍

Perfectly put chap. 👏🏻

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

8 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Dear ED,

I have noticed people are showing the colours of a certain state in their Avtar or whatever. This is not a political game/simulation and I ask that all members of this community refrain from political inference.

Mizzy 

If you are/feel offended in some way, you can just use the "report" option. There's no need to start a thread about it

image.png

Personally, I totally understand why some (myself included) try to do everything to show their support to the obvious victims of this conflict. ED of course has any right at any time to intervene if they feel it's necessary. As already mentioned, this all being "the internet", I think this forum is surprisingly neutral and mature.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 hours ago, Mizzy said:

I have noticed people are showing the colours of a certain state in their Avtar or whatever

That has literally always been the case. You can find stars and stripes, union jacks, and russian stars everywhere. You can throw a rock and hit twenty people with their nation's colors.

8 hours ago, Mizzy said:

This is not a political game/simulation and I ask that all members of this community refrain from political inference.

Politics isn't being discussed to any significant extent that I've seen. As for the other, you'll just have to suck it up and tolerate it. Not all views and opinions are equal, and not all things are "wrong" to have an opinion of, sometimes "right and wrong" is clear cut.

• Like 5

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi, 

We have no problem with people using the flags in avtars, it is not something we can moderate effectively. 

We will not allow political discussion, or political profiles, the norms of decency apply. Rules can be found at the top of the forum. 

If you want to be political find another forum, this is a product support forum for DCS World. 

thanks 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2