1st Front Panel Piece

rwbishUP

Just peeled my first rough draft/prototype part off of the printer bed. I'm building a rudimentary, universal front panel for DCS. I'm finishing up on designing the MFD housing. The recessed, through hole perf board will hold my tac buttons and hopefully have my small displays centered on them. I'm just getting started on the UFC, not sure what all I want to include on the up front control. Want to keep it fairly simple, fairly portable. And, universal for all the modern aircraft in DCS, especially the Apache Mod. Not a big deal, but I'm pretty excited for my first 3D design and print....MFD_Face.jpgand it's for DCS!

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Nice !

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Once everything is finished. It won't be nearly as good as "the warthog project" which is incredibly sexy. But for function, flexibility and simplicity. It should fit the bill. After it's complete, I'll of course share a zip with all the files for edit and print. And the non print hardware pieces.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

7 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

If you're thinking Apache, you'd better think about adding a bunch more soft key slots! 😜

LOL..for sure @AG-51_Razor, no I'm just making a simplified panel to mitigate some of the mouse clicking I have to do in the cockpits. I'm going to have a simple panel underneath the MFDs and UFC, that will have some pots, a few toggles and more tac buttons. I definitely don't have the talent or funds to build a full pit.