when did Radar get changed in this F-15C in FC3?

Ramstein

I did not fly the F-15 for a long time have had Flaming Cliffs since forever.. now I fly it and the A-A radar seems to be weak, maybe I was not paying attention to some patches. Now it seems to have lost the really great long ranges radar it once had. What happened and when was our F-15 Radar changed? Maybe it was too good for 10 years or more, and it was changed? I have tried several a-a sorties and decided it is time to ask in the forum what happened. Thanx.

My points are about radar distance and strength, seem to have been weakened a lot.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

First tell us what did you expect? What target at what range what mode and look up/down?

Then there's this thread which asks for the range correction.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

There was a look down bug effecting all FC3 aircraft, meaning that low alt penalty would climb with the aircraft, which got fixed while ago... so look down performance is better for all FC3 aircraft 

• Thanks 2

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

12 hours ago, draconus said:

First tell us what did you expect? What target at what range what mode and look up/down?

Then there's this thread which asks for the range correction.

12 hours ago, FoxAlfa said:

There was a look down bug effecting all FC3 aircraft, meaning that low alt penalty would climb with the aircraft, which got fixed while ago... so look down performance is better for all FC3 aircraft 

This aircraft used to pickup objects, enemy fighters above terrains for very long distances without issues... I am talking 60 miles out. I don't know the official specs, and could lock them easy at 30 miles or so. I am not talking at look down, etc. Just straight out, with maybe a small change in altitude between the two, nothing major. Now, it acts blind for more than half the distances and will not lock for half of that.  We have lots of practice missions where we can call up aircraft and do this often. We practice the a-a with al the aircraft sometimes a  long time passes between flying different aircraft. id don't want this thread and question to be more complicated, just asking straight out, what happened to the F-15, since it is FC3, it isn't that complicated. If nothing happened and I am loosing it 😞 , I can take it.  Thanx

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

1 hour ago, Ramstein said:

This aircraft used to pickup objects, enemy fighters above terrains for very long distances without issues... I am talking 60 miles out. I don't know the official specs, and could lock them easy at 30 miles or so. I am not talking at look down, etc. Just straight out, with maybe a small change in altitude between the two, nothing major. Now, it acts blind for more than half the distances and will not lock for half of that.

This is Mig-29S head-on co-alt @26k - I can pick him up at around 63nm, PRF Hi, RWS.

APG-63.jpg

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

At the moment, the radar in the F-15C is OK.
Targets the size of a Tu-95, Tu-160 bomber can be easily caught on the radar from a distance of 90-110 nM.
Fighters, depending on the size, can be detected from a distance of <= 70 nM.
In fact, each one can be detected and lock efficiently from a distance of about 50-60nM without any problems.

• Like 1

I will spend some more time in and see what happened with my latest experiences compared to the past... with the F-15 radar. I guess if others don't see any changes, then I need to check again.. Thanx

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI