TACAN Not in correct position

CH4Pz

So im playing back through Raven One and ive noticed (more than one mission) the TACAN on the ship is not where it should be. The first time i was on deck preparing for take off and it said the carrier was 20nm behind me. The mission i just played then though (missing man), seemed to locate ok at first then next glance noticed it was off, then on retrieval it was moving all over the HSI as i circled about the boat, still not in correct position to me, as it was 15nm off my side when i was above the boat. ICLS seems to be ok, but TACAN/course line are way off. Ive not used the hornet anywhere else to see if its a campaign thing or hornet bug but i assume the campaign would just use default navaids??  

• ED Team

Hi, 

We do have fixes coming for TACAN for A2A in the next patch but your issue sounds different and we would like to check it with a track replay

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

39 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

We do have fixes coming for TACAN for A2A in the next patch but your issue sounds different and we would like to check it with a track replay

thanks 

I just quickly retried the mission, it seems ok up until the point i enter the course for the tacan (in this vid its a bit before push time at 0750ish). sorry for the length of track couldnt workout how to edit, but you can also see as i approach the ship the tacan still says 30nm, then after flyby it goes 30nm behind me

Track link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At0GpYr4F5ZC6wl52Vytyx8gtFQz?e=XAmk3h

12 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

can you tell me which mission it is in raven one?

thanks

So the longer track was Raven One mission called "missing man" (M06 i think), but the 2nd one was from serpents head 2, called, "going for the chop". Going for the chop might be better for testing as it seems to do it from launch, and its hot start. 

Edited by CH4Pz

• 10 months later...

@baltic_dragon this is still an issue in the "missing man" mission. just replayed then. i spoke with badger about "going for the chop" and he said his was a design element in his campaign. but the TACAN in missing man, moves once you set a CRS bar. then when landing it says its miles away even though im flying round the boat.

in the kneeboards first page, it has 2 carriers there, but only 1 has tacan/ils etc, so not sure if thats from a previous version or not? but just thought i'd report that its still broken

• 3 months later...