Meatball

ruddy122
Go to solution Solved by BarTzi,

It could be me but if I follow the meatball I hit the 1 wire or ramp strike not good

I fly for the 3 wire and hope I snag it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry no wind carrier traveling at 27 knots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

It must be my computer but will send a track file soon

Curious which meatball I got DCS Supercarrier and I get two meatballs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

5 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

It could be me but if I follow the meatball I hit the 1 wire or ramp strike not good

I fly for the 3 wire and hope I snag it

Sorry no wind carrier traveling at 27 knots

Don't fly for the 3 wire, fly the ball. Also, which wire you trap has no bearing on how good a trap was, the 3 wire is just your target, but you could still trap a 3 wire with a poor pass, or trap even potentially a 1 wire with an acceptable pass.

Personally I've never had issues with the IFLOLS, although the platcam I believe is about a ball low.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

Airforce guys confuse what the ILS and IFOLS tell them

More common than you think

The ILS more or less is Fly to vs IFOLS tells you were you are

For example both say above GS the ILS will tell you what you got to be doing to achieve GS IE You have to fly down to achieve GS

The IFOLS will tell you you are high won't tell you how to fix it you're a pilot fix it yourself

Both are good you have to know how they work

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

• Solution
16 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

Airforce guys confuse what the ILS and IFOLS tell them

More common than you think

The ILS more or less is Fly to vs IFOLS tells you were you are

For example both say above GS the ILS will tell you what you got to be doing to achieve GS IE You have to fly down to achieve GS

The IFOLS will tell you you are high won't tell you how to fix it you're a pilot fix it yourself

Both are good you have to know how they work

Cheers

On 3/11/2022 at 4:36 AM, ruddy122 said:

Here's the track enjoy

going after a convoy with jdams

RUDDY122.trk 461.69 kB · 7 downloads

You are aiming for the ICLS markings on the HUD, which you shouldn't do (also try to be on speed when you approach). Not sure how it is in real life, but in DCS the ICLS is good enough to bring you to a point in which you can identify and work with the IFLOLS. According to the IFLOLS, you are low, which is correct.

Also, to be fair, IFLOLS tells you what's wrong and how to fix it, just like ICLS does.

Edited by BarTzi

• 2 weeks later...

tbh i didnt check you track, but I found quite a few 100ft behind the carrier I get pushed down, so while being stable during the groove i end up too low in the wires...with some training got it right to counteract that push down eventually. Had quite a lot of bolters while missing the 4-wire by quite some margin...