Finally, something I'm good at! So I'm gonna brag...

tn_prvteye

Flying this puppy is a breeze for me! On my first flight I was able to stable hover, land, side-slip, slalom between buildings...everything. DAMN this whirly-bird can maneuver!

And before you ask, YES I'm on realistic settings!:P

Okay, I admit, I DO have around 10 hours RL time in Schweizers...and I primarily fly helos in FSX.

But to all of you guys that aren't into Helicopters, you REALLY want to give this a try. The FM in Black Shark is VERY VERY VERY impressive. I don't think I've ever gotten such a good representation of rotary-winged flight out of a sim. It just "feels" so right.

And don't give up learning how to fly this beast. It's no Su-25, that's for sure.

It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether... ;)

• Like 1

Feel just like you mate. So I make your words my own.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Good to hear! I too hope no one is discouraged from either buying it or trying the realistic FM because they are afraid of not even being able to do some circuits around the air base without crashing. The autopilot modes make it forgiving. With those turned off it becomes markedly less forgiving, but even then you are far from truly fighting the aircraft.

And now that you mention it, I did find the Su-25T to be more difficult to just fly around in at first than the Ka-50.

Hey tn_prvteye, try hitting LAlt-A. It flies soooo much nicer :thumbup:

With something as good as this people might finally understand just how bad the helos in MS flight sims are :joystick:

"The only thing a chopper pilot should do downwind is take a leak" - CFI

CPL(H). AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ @3.3 GHz, 2GB Corsair DDR2 667, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB, SB Audigy 2.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro modified: no centering springs, extended shaft. CH Pro Throttle; vertical chair mount.

Yeah my time in HInd and Longbow 2 have helped me adjust...although I never had a throttle or rudder pedals back then....OR tracker IR (which back then was a huge VR reality set ;)

The right setup will make flying MUCH easier. Tracker IR alone helps with your situational awareness. Instant response.

Rudder pedals are also essential (or twist stick)...something that allows you to apply constant rudder adjustments. Keys ...wow keys for rudder i DO NOT KNOW HOW people can use them...especially in a combat environment.

Although take a bit of damage and see how easy it is to fly hehehe.

Start the editor, set turbulence to max, crank the wind right up to "grounded" levels. When the sim starts and is paused click off all the auto pilot stuff. Un-pause and grab the controls and regain control as it has been blown off the ground, hover that!!! :joystick:

I swear to god I was covered in sweat after a session of "Keep it over the numbers as low and long as you can".

For added amusement pick a time when you want to land (Mistakes don't count, real men have the gear up as well when trying to hover doing this) and then try to land. Once down try and keep it on the ground and shut the engines down. As the rotors slow down laugh with maniacal glee as there is not enough centrifugal force to stop the turbulence from inter meshing the blades but they are still way fast enough to smash each other off.

For the super keen start the engines again and see how you go with what is left.

I do love the FM :thumbup:

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

I've got to join this thread too, I'm loving it.

3 hours in, and I'm having an absolute ball. This is the best helicopter flight experience I've had the pleasure of flying in a simulation.

Not only that, but it can appeal on so many levels as you can see in the image below :D My son is in his element because he can copy Daddy, I'll get him in realistic mode by the time he's 6!

IMG00013-20081212-1730.thumb.jpg.26ddbdbe71c41d4622f869f856dd7d7e.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]