Fusing options for munitions

commiccannon

Wishlist: Can we please get options for changing the fuses on all weapons that can have fuses changed. Mk80 series bombs can have dozens of fuses all used for different things and it would be really cool to have to chose the right fuse for the mission. Maybe have a similar option for fuses as the future apache rocket zone selection.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, commiccannon said:

Wishlist: Can we please get options for changing the fuses on all weapons that can have fuses changed. Mk80 series bombs can have dozens of fuses all used for different things and it would be really cool to have to chose the right fuse for the mission. Maybe have a similar option for fuses as the future apache rocket zone selection.

ED has working on bomb fuses funtionality, first on WW2 and after, on modern munitions. (6:00 video).

• Thanks 1

All those fuzing options would mean little without a proper damage model for ground units. Currently, it doesn't even matter whether you use a penetrating bomb or not, the effects are the same. Most modern fuzing options only make difference when it comes to penetrating structures, busting bridges and cratering. Right now, hit=dead on any of those structures, no matter what you drop, and everything makes a similar crater. About the only thing you could do with the fuzes is switching the height of function on CBUs.

I think ultimately there is so much configuration to many different types of store that it's not efficient to make specific solutions for specific cases. A general purpose "configurator" for stores possibly as a separate dialog will open the door to lots of adjustments. ECM pods might have different settings and modules, fuel tanks can have different contents and fill levels, bombs have fuzes, racks may have different weapons at different places on that rack, rocket pods might have different rockets in different zones, etc.

Screen_220311_163440.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

I think ultimately there is so much configuration to many different types of store that it's not efficient to make specific solutions for specific cases. A general purpose "configurator" for stores possibly as a separate dialog will open the door to lots of adjustments. ECM pods might have different settings and modules, fuel tanks can have different contents and fill levels, bombs have fuzes, racks may have different weapons at different places on that rack, rocket pods might have different rockets in different zones, etc.

Screen_220311_163440.png

This is exactly the sort of thing i was thinking. Is this in game already or have you done some photoshop trickery?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

Screen_220311_163440.png

It looks like this sort of thing will be possible with the new fusing options being developed, as seen in this video.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

51 minutes ago, Frederf said:

Thank you I skimmed the video before but didn't see that. My picture was a hasty Photoshop but funny how similar it was to the actual thing. I hope it's applied to more than just fuzes.

You really did that before watching the video? That's amazing!

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

man, such a disappointment for no fuzing in the latest update 😞

"Fuze parameters are now set up to use real-life values" <-- what does this mean?  Instead of 0.08s delay we get 0.079s (sarcasm)?   sigh..

WWII Weapons. Reworked fuze modelling of WWII bombs and containers. Fuze parameters are now set up to use real-life values. The GUI to adjust various fuze settings is in the works.

They could've at least released it for WWII. The Mosquito fans plus all other wwii ground pounders (myself included) would've been super happy.

Edited by peachmonkey
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:16 PM, commiccannon said:

This is really needed for the FC3 aircraft - being able to set the fusing options for the RBK cluster bombs on the A-10A, Su-25 & Su-25T in the loadout screen would really help maintain these modules as cluster-bombs are improved for other aircraft which do have such options (e.g. A-10C).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Fuzes are in on WWII bombs.

Options for modern fusee are there in ME too but can't tell if already working.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria