2022 DCS Newsletter discussion 11th March

BIGNEWY

This is going to be incredible!

In_Dev_11.03.2022.13.jpg

Keep up the great work ED and 3rd parties! 😍

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 minute ago, unlikely_spider said:

Where does one find this newsletter?

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

9 minutes ago, sirrah said:

This is going to be incredible!

Keep up the great work ED and 3rd parties! 😍

It'll be incredible if the detail shown isnt turned into a lego brick when you are more than a Km away.

Ugra have been very generous with their map additons and detail but really need to sweat the small stuff (late high detail loading distances,  unfurling trees 500m from the camera, incorrect destruction models, impossible topology/edge hanging objects) and not so small stuff (view distance/performance and RAM munching). I hope they do. I fear they wont.

• Like 3

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 minute ago, Boosterdog said:

It'll be incredible if the detail shown isnt turned into a lego brick when you are more than a Km away.

Ugra have been very generous with their map additons and detail but really need to sweat the small stuff (late high detail loading distances,  unfurling trees 500m from the camera, incorrect destruction models, impossible topology/edge hanging objects) and not so small stuff (view distance/performance and RAM munching). I hope they do. I fear they wont.

Please don't rain on my parade 😅

I know about all these Syria issues, and I too wish they were addressed and solved asap, but right now I just need some positive vibes! 😋

• Like 1

System specs:

35 minutes ago, Beirut said:

The Mother Of All Targets. :happy:

Hopefully it comes with the destruction models as well 😉 

• Like 5

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

8 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I doubt Aerges is quite that far along

The F1 has been in the hands of ED for internal testing since March 1.

It will depend on how well the testing goes and if there are issues found that need further tweaking.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

10 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

I'd rather kneeboard.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Modern and Historic events are the way to go.

Just a comment. Used to play another WW2 (arcadish) game long ago. Historical events "Scenarios" was the absolute highlight. Pearl harbor, Big week, Coral sea,  Schweinfurt, Regensburg. Watching fuel, keeping discipline, protect the bombers, <profanity>posting on the common text channel ... This game had next to no offline play so community dynamics was different, "everybody" met online all the time (as opposed DCS which I learned is 90% offline players).

Given volunteers doing some historical research and willing to "run" (*1) the events I think this has great potential for community building.

*1) By "run" I mean player admins with the power to start / restart the Scenario, bounce griefers, readmit disconnects etc. I don't know how DCS works in this regard.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))