IAS stops working in Icing conditions. Pitot tube blockage?

Ala13_Zetas

Hi guys!

Is the pitot tube blockage by ice modeled? cuz when I'm fliying at -3ºC for more than 30 min the IAS stops working... well, it works as an altimeter (usually this is due to a pitot tube blockage). 

The thing is that there is a pitot heat switch but is not clickable and I couldn't find it in mapping control list. 🧐

Is there any having the same issue?

S!

On 3/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, AeriaGloria said:

Yes, anti icing and pitot heat is not yet modeled. But icing damage to engines, pitot, and power draw from right engine of anti icing is modeled 

This is definitely one thing I hope is either patched out in terms of not being an  issue until the heating is ready, or ideally, working in the next big update.

I'm happy to wait while they fix things up, but it can definitely be a bit frustrating flying around on Rotorheads in winter conditions and icing up and not being able to prevent it.

8 hours ago, aaronwhite said:

This is definitely one thing I hope is either patched out in terms of not being an  issue until the heating is ready, or ideally, working in the next big update.

I'm happy to wait while they fix things up, but it can definitely be a bit frustrating flying around on Rotorheads in winter conditions and icing up and not being able to prevent it.

Completely agree, but unfortunately I have a hunch it’s a core aspect of the engines that has been copy and pasted from Ka-50, which uses identical version of those engines. While the anti icing is a systems layer on top. But yeah it sucks, especially for a Soviet bird

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

18 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Completely agree, but unfortunately I have a hunch it’s a core aspect of the engines that has been copy and pasted from Ka-50, which uses identical version of those engines. While the anti icing is a systems layer on top. But yeah it sucks, especially for a Soviet bird

Yeah! I'll definitely be checking the patch notes today hoping to see some Hind love on the anti-icing in addition to the Apache goodness.

image.png

Yikes 40 days of development and apparently there is whole team that works on Mi-24P in parallel to AH-64D... I am very disappointed not much because of time frame but from constant reassurance on the forum that it is actively developed in parallel with previously mentioned module yet this changelog really challenges those statements.

Nonetheless, hopefully this bird gets much deserved attention now that hyper modern eye candy 64 is out 😄 (I own it too just to make that clear haha not hating it)

After all Hind is still in early access and that takes a lot of time, we all signed up for this voluntarily 😄

2 hours ago, XPACT said:

image.png

Yikes 40 days of development and apparently there is whole team that works on Mi-24P in parallel to AH-64D... I am very disappointed not much because of time frame but from constant reassurance on the forum that it is actively developed in parallel with previously mentioned module yet this changelog really challenges those statements.

Nonetheless, hopefully this bird gets much deserved attention now that hyper modern eye candy 64 is out 😄 (I own it too just to make that clear haha not hating it)

After all Hind is still in early access and that takes a lot of time, we all signed up for this voluntarily 😄

There was a newsletter a week or two ago, that for Apache release most of the Mi-24 team was moved to Apache temporarily. And there have been some statements since then that now that Apache has released most of the team has moved back

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg