What do I need for 2 Cockpits (Pilot/Gunner)

McDaniel

Hey Rotorheads 

I know it may sound a bit trivial, but I just want to be sure... 

My Girlfriend and myself plan to fly the AH64 together, I do have 2Pits and 2Systems, so I guess I need another account for my girlfriend and need to buy the apache and the map we would like to use twice...I am assuming right? 

Thank you 

Kind regards 

Daniel 

• Like 2

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

If you run your own dedicated server you can actually use a single account to join that server with 2 different Pc's simultaneously. I don't know if that works for every multiplayer server though or if that changed in the recent months. I'll try again today if thats still working.

Edit: 

Jup, still working. Seems to work for every server out there. So you dont need a 2nd acc for your gf.

acc.png

Edited by Nick_17
  • Like 3

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, Nick_17 said:

If you run your own dedicated server you can actually use a single account to join that server with 2 different Pc's simultaneously. I don't know if that works for every multiplayer server though or if that changed in the recent months. I'll try again today if thats still working.

Edit: 

Jup, still working. Seems to work for every server out there. So you dont need a 2nd acc for your gf.

acc.png

Thank you, I guess I need to do some research, is there a guide somewhere, how I do this? 

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

2 hours ago, McDaniel said:

Thank you, I guess I need to do some research, is there a guide somewhere, how I do this? 

Seems like you dont even need to run your own server. Just log in both of your PCs with the same account and you are good to go.

1 hour ago, ghost84 said:

I don't think this complies with licensing though.

Hmm idk, i haven't read anything about that in the license agreement, unless thats already sub licensing? I just had DCS installed on 2 different PCs in my house to be able to switch if one of them is occupied and one day i found out that they can be logged in simultaneously.

• Like 1

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

Good for you man!

Thank godness if my wife not stop me to play DCS, not mention to play with me.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

On 3/13/2022 at 1:07 AM, McDaniel said:

Hey Rotorheads 

I know it may sound a bit trivial, but I just want to be sure... 

My Girlfriend and myself plan to fly the AH64 together, I do have 2Pits and 2Systems, so I guess I need another account for my girlfriend and need to buy the apache and the map we would like to use twice...I am assuming right? 

Thank you 

Kind regards 

Daniel 

Marry her quickly !!! No way my wife would fly with me !

• Like 9

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

On 3/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, Nick_17 said:

Just log in both of your PCs with the same account and you are good to go

While this may be possible, I'm not sure I understand the rationale behind doing so. If you spend the money for two computers, perhaps even a third (dedicated server), built full pits for not one, but two persons (my hat's off to that btw!), splurged crazily on displays and controllers -- and then you skimp on the heart of it all? For the life of me -- why would anyone, after going to all this length, save a few bucks on the one company that makes all this possible? 

Now, the OP never said they would only purchase one module/map, and simply was making sure they have a complete set-up (I have the feeling they already purchased two sets of all), so no shade intended to them. I'm simply astonished to see people here even wasting a single thought on how to save a cent one the center of their affection, when they already spent ten dollars on the rest. I personally think ED has earned that second license, so don't stop now 🙂

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:29 AM, cfrag said:

While this may be possible, I'm not sure I understand the rationale behind doing so. If you spend the money for two computers, perhaps even a third (dedicated server), built full pits for not one, but two persons (my hat's off to that btw!), splurged crazily on displays and controllers -- and then you skimp on the heart of it all? For the life of me -- why would anyone, after going to all this length, save a few bucks on the one company that makes all this possible? 

Now, the OP never said they would only purchase one module/map, and simply was making sure they have a complete set-up (I have the feeling they already purchased two sets of all), so no shade intended to them. I'm simply astonished to see people here even wasting a single thought on how to save a cent one the center of their affection, when they already spent ten dollars on the rest. I personally think ED has earned that second license, so don't stop now 🙂

Totally in line with you buddy!