Some ww2 multiplayer questions

m0rl0ck

I just recently bought the Bf-109 K4. Liking it a lot.

I would love to be able to do ww2 multi player and have some questions about that.

If i connect to a server do i need to own the map and incidental assets that the server is running?

Do i need to run SRS?

Any other general advice i might need? Im sure i would have more questions if i knew more 🙂

Edit: I just thought of something else. Is the map and ruler nav tool available in multiplayer.

Thanks

Edited by m0rl0ck

vor einer Stunde schrieb m0rl0ck:

If i connect to a server do i need to own the map and incidental assets that the server is running?

Yes, for example if the server uses the Normandy map and you don't have it, you will not be able to connect.

(The same is with assets pack AFAIK).

vor einer Stunde schrieb m0rl0ck:

Is the map and ruler nav tool available in multiplayer.

Yes, you can open the map with F10 key, there you will also find the ruler.

Edited by Jagdgeschwader
  • Like 1

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

9 hours ago, m0rl0ck said:

I just recently bought the Bf-109 K4. Liking it a lot.

I would love to be able to do ww2 multi player and have some questions about that.

Do i need to run SRS?

Any other general advice i might need? Im sure i would have more questions if i knew more 🙂

Edit: I just thought of something else. Is the map and ruler nav tool available in multiplayer.

Thanks

For 4YA WWII you'll need the Normandy Map, WWII Asset Pack and TF-51D installed as well as SRS. Ground objectives are marked on the F10 map. Look forward to seeing you in the skies!

• Like 1

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.