Screenshots

Satchmo

Is anyone else having difficulty with taking screenshots?

by default the sc key is "print scr/sys Rq" when pressed the game breifly stutters, as if it had taken a screen shot. When I go to the screenshot folder its empty.

So i tried mapping the sc key to other keys and the same thing happens.

anyone have a clue?

That is the screenshot key per default.

Do you have multi monitor setup? or a none standard resolution ?

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

This has been discussed before. I had the same problem as well. For some strange reason, I had to use photoshop elements to view the files, even though they are regular .jpg files, they would not show up in any other image browser or in windows explorer, but I could view them in photoshop. Now, for some reason, I can see them in explorer. Not sure what the deal is, but the files are there on your machine too I bet.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

• 5 weeks later...

I was trying to take a series of screenshots and getting the same results under Vista, I dug deeper into it

The "Screenshots" folder is protected under the Vista UAC system and doesn't allow programs/preocesses to write to it.

You could cancel that file/folder protection method or do it for just that particular folder(my method)

This thread discusses both:

http://paulstamatiou.com/2007/02/09/how-to-quickie-vista-permissions

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

I was trying to take a series of screenshots and getting the same results under Vista, I dug deeper into it

The "Screenshots" folder is protected under the Vista UAC system and doesn't allow programs/preocesses to write to it.

You could cancel that file/folder protection method or do it for just that particular folder(my method)

This thread discusses both:

http://paulstamatiou.com/2007/02/09/how-to-quickie-vista-permissions

Eagle Dynamics needs to recognize the fact that user specific files are not meant to be saved in the program folder. Windows provides user specific folders exactly for this purpose, so, Eagle Dynamics, please use them!

They should be saving the user specific files in "My Documents/My Games" in XP and "User/Games" or something like that in Vista. A bad trend programmers have gotten into saving files to the program directory. D= Vista has effectively stopped thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions of programs from working correctly by setting the program files directory unwritable without admin rights

Edited by xxvintersorgxx