Free Apache collective Drawing

Rockeyes

If anyone looking for an Apache collective drawing, I have uploaded a solidworks and STL file to the link below.

It will need some adjustment to create a method of putting the four sections together. I make no claim about being 100% accurate just wanted to give something back to the DCS community.

All I ask is anyone uses or modifies the drawings etc that they share them here to help others.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

https://gofile.io/d/95Fmvg

Edited by Rockeyes
Added view
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

Thank you.

The model was scaled as close as possible to the limited information available. It is not specifically compatible with any on the market grips. I uploaded the files so anyone could modify to suit there own needs.

I was hoping that at least some of the chaps that have downloaded the files would post up their mods or ideas here to help others produce there own working collective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

On 3/13/2022 at 12:28 PM, Rockeyes said:

If anyone looking for an Apache collective drawing, I have uploaded a solidworks and STL file to the link below.

It will need some adjustment to create a method of putting the four sections together. I make no claim about being 100% accurate just wanted to give something back to the DCS community.

All I ask is anyone uses or modifies the drawings etc that they share them here to help others.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

https://gofile.io/d/95Fmvg

can't seam to download the file

5 hours ago, lesthegrngo said:

Hi there, is there any chance that you can save the .sldprt files in SW2012 format? The current format gives an error which I believe is due to my old version of SW

Thanks in advance!

Les

Sorry I use Solidworks Connected and that does not give me that option.

Hopefully someone can step in and help out. 

Plenty of downloads but no feedback or shared mods yet 😞

Edited by Rockeyes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

I can see the .stl files in Cura, and they do look good, but in order to use them for my purposes I need to be able to modify them to be able to then make the accompanying hardware. Thanks for the feedback about SW connected, I was looking into that but didn't realise it didn't have the backwards compatibility.

A question, the thread at the base, what was that designed to couple to? 

Cheers

Les

Edited by lesthegrngo
extra comments

Hi Rockeyes,

This is amazing and a pure gift for the community. I just found this thread. Don't worry I will try to help you out. I succesfully loaded the collective into Fusion 360 and I have mediocre modelling skills so I'm confident that I can make it work with all the knobs and povs. I do have experience with 3d printing and making my own joysticks/buttons/knobs and even own povs., I connect them via mmjoy or arduino joystick library.

For now I just upload the .step file for other people if they find it helpful instead of .sldpt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N9wGX0pmRpZzh4THDVZeDqhtWYIyXW-i/view?usp=sharing

Happy modelling and of course flying.

In the coming weeks I will share my progress.

collective.png

<==DCS Flaming Cliffs 3: Operation Grand Slam

<==Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Tribute

On 3/25/2022 at 10:21 PM, slamraamproductions said:

Hi Rockeyes,

This is amazing and a pure gift for the community. I just found this thread. Don't worry I will try to help you out. I succesfully loaded the collective into Fusion 360 and I have mediocre modelling skills so I'm confident that I can make it work with all the knobs and povs. I do have experience with 3d printing and making my own joysticks/buttons/knobs and even own povs., I connect them via mmjoy or arduino joystick library.

For now I just upload the .step file for other people if they find it helpful instead of .sldpt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N9wGX0pmRpZzh4THDVZeDqhtWYIyXW-i/view?usp=sharing

Happy modelling and of course flying.

In the coming weeks I will share my progress.

collective.png

That's great work and certainly the spirit. This area needs to be thickened / reinforced as the wall is too thin. Updated the model to have internal posts for the screws and a chap has just printed one out.

6033F71C-EFF0-4F42-8C34-326542BAB702.png

E596E244-FE25-4E55-A34B-586D760FBAD9_1_102_o.jpeg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

• 2 months later...

your link to the file is not working mate!!!

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,