Adding keybind toggles and mouse-click ability to Power Levers between OFF and IDLE positions

Tuuvas

Since these are hardly ever touched outside of startup/shutdown, it would be good to make these clickable in a similar way to the Huey, Blackshark, Gazelle, etc

Edit: According to @BIGNEWY on the ED Discord, the throttles are already drag-able; however, they are not clickable to bring from OFF to IDLE and back.  It would be good to have this functionality added as well for the same reason

• Like 16

• Tuuvas changed the title to Add ability to click the Apache's throttle levers from OFF -> IDLE -> FLY
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 4:45 AM, Bailey said:

Agreed. But please don't make it just as easy to accidently shut down the engine. (Looking at you Harrier...)

Hmm true.  I wonder if the solution should be something like:

• To go from OFF to IDLE, the player needs to:
    1. Already be at OFF position
    2. Right click the throttle
    3. OFF -> IDLE Action will be performed on right click PRESS
  • To go from IDLE to OFF, the player needs to:
    1. Already be at 0% throttle
    2. Left Click the throttle
    3. IDLE -> OFF Action will be performed on left click RELEASE
      1. On release will allow the player the option to PRESS and HOLD, then drag the throttle above 0%
      2. If the throttle is dragged above 0%, this will not satisfy the prerequisite of 0% to go from IDLE to OFF on left click RELEASE

Edited by Tuuvas
  • Like 1

It would be even better if there was a special for joystick setting so you could bring them from off to idle with the TM Warthog like you can with the Hornet.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

4 hours ago, Victor3 said:

It would be even better if there was a special for joystick setting so you could bring them from off to idle with the TM Warthog like you can with the Hornet.

You can give it a shot. Here are some examples. https://forum.dcs.world/topic/297237-apache-special-for-joystickcontrollerhotas-keybinds/

Edited by Bailey

36 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

I don't think ED does this for any of their modules, do they? It's a fairly common feature of 3rd party modules, but ED seems to be against the idea.

A10 does. You can see Left/Right engine throttle Set OFF in there.
image.png

Unless you were addressing other posts, then IDK.

Edited by Bailey

6 hours ago, Victor3 said:

Have you tried this? It comes with the module.
 image.png

Edited by Bailey

• 6 months later...

I whish the "Power lever to off/Power levers to idle" could be a toggle.
Because now I use two keybinds to start, and two more to stop the engine on those alone.
Adds up to four, and is a waste of functions on my PS3 controller.
I could use a few spare.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

11 hours ago, Moxica said:

I whish the "Power lever to off/Power levers to start" could be a toggle.

In addition to "Power Lever (left) - IDLE" and "Power Lever (left) - OFF" and "Power Lever (right) - IDLE" and "Power Lever (right) - OFF" there are toggle actions available:

Power Lever (left) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE

Power Lever (right) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE

I normally use the separate IDLE and OFF buttons for each engine on my CM3 Throttle.  To test it, I tried using the the "Power Lever (left) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE" instead. The power lever did move from idle back to the off position as it should but soon as I released the button the power lever moved back to the idle position again. ie: the toggle did not 'stick'

I do not think my configured throttle position is conflicting (I tested with the Virpil Tester app so I could see the state of each input).

So, I would be very interested to see what you get with your PS3 controller using the toggles Power Lever (left) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE  and Power Lever (right) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE.......If you get the same outcome (ie the toggle doesnt 'stick' - but reverts to IDLE position when not pressed, then I reckon that is a bug we should report). Maybe post back here and let us know?

Edited by Dallas88B
fixed typo
  • Like 1

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

It sounds like that is intentional, and for use with a toggle switch on a HOTAS like the Warthog. 

When the switch is engaged it "holds" the levers in the OFF position, then when you flip the toggle on the HOTAS in the other direction, it "releases" the throttles to the IDLE position where you can then take over with an axis bind.  Without this special bind, you would need a toggle switch on the HOTAS with triggers in both directions, which a lot of them don't have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

It sounds like that is intentional

Yes you may well be correct.

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Floyd1212:

It sounds like that is intentional, and for use with a toggle switch on a HOTAS like the Warthog. 

When the switch is engaged it "holds" the levers in the OFF position, then when you flip the toggle on the HOTAS in the other direction, it "releases" the throttles to the IDLE position where you can then take over with an axis bind.  Without this special bind, you would need a toggle switch on the HOTAS with triggers in both directions, which a lot of them don't have.

This is exactly how I set them on my TM Warthog Throttle.

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

5 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

Interesting! I will test that when I get home from work. (In way to many hours. I can't wait)

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

16 hours ago, Dallas88B said:

In addition to "Power Lever (left) - IDLE" and "Power Lever (left) - OFF" and "Power Lever (right) - IDLE" and "Power Lever (right) - OFF" there are toggle actions available:

Power Lever (left) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE

Power Lever (right) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE

I normally use the separate IDLE and OFF buttons for each engine on my CM3 Throttle.  To test it, I tried using the the "Power Lever (left) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE" instead. The power lever did move from idle back to the off position as it should but soon as I released the button the power lever moved back to the idle position again. ie: the toggle did not 'stick'

I do not think my configured throttle position is conflicting (I tested with the Virpil Tester app so I could see the state of each input).

So, I would be very interested to see what you get with your PS3 controller using the toggles Power Lever (left) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE  and Power Lever (right) - OFF (hold)<>IDLE.......If you get the same outcome (ie the toggle doesnt 'stick' - but reverts to IDLE position when not pressed, then I reckon that is a bug we should report). Maybe post back here and let us know?

Perfect! Thanx a lot!

• Like 1

+1
i hate to search for the keys when im in VR.

Although i only need the click for cutoff -> Idle. Im fine with moving the levers by drag and drop.

Thanks

Edited by MarkP

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

• Raptor9 changed the title to Adding keybind toggles and mouse-click ability to Power Levers between OFF and IDLE positions