urgent help needed please

Baby Daddy

Hi guys

I started playing DCS roughly 4 years ago and apart from the Flaming 3 planes, I also have a FA 18 Hornet and a F16c. I have been busy for a while with work but now I want to fly regular and train hard, however, my settings are very messed up and I truly need help in setting my joystick to its functions. Can anyone please help me set up my HOTAS Warthog joystick? We could use Microsoft Team viewer if you want to help me. Thanks a lot 

Messed up in what way?

I've noticed sometimes new modules have conflicting axis bindings. The first thing I do with controls is go to axis commands and make sure that they are cleaned up. Remove pitch and roll commands from rudder pedals, etc.

For HOTAS commands I like to mimic the real aircraft. You can also get help from Chuck's guides on control setup, see here:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-16c-viper/

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 11:51 AM, Baby Daddy said:

Hi aces

Thanks to all for your replies. Will try them and get back to you. Much appreciated.

You are welcome to drop by our squadron discord and ask someone for help. Every person has a slightly different flight sim setup, preferences. It does help to have someone to walk you though the bindings for different jets. 

Here's the link. Hope to see you there.

https://discord.gg/JuBydbsfDn

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 5:54 PM, Baby Daddy said:

Hi guys

I started playing DCS roughly 4 years ago and apart from the Flaming 3 planes, I also have a FA 18 Hornet and a F16c. I have been busy for a while with work but now I want to fly regular and train hard, however, my settings are very messed up and I truly need help in setting my joystick to its functions. Can anyone please help me set up my HOTAS Warthog joystick? We could use Microsoft Team viewer if you want to help me. Thanks a lot 

Hey Baby Daddy, while all the replies herein are excellent, you might also find YouTube's "Grim Reapers" helpful for stick/keybindings. He nearly always makes that a default segment of his installments. Although a sometimes tedious step with each new module, I find it to be absolutely essential and worth every minute before first flight.

If I can offer any most useful tip from my own experience, I set up my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro with common switches and keybinds across every aircraft....... target lock same joy button, next/previous target same 2 buttons, all where applicable. Really saves the strain on the fading memory efficacy 🙂