Newegg and Fraud = DO NOT BUY FROM THERE

1 hour ago, ACME_WIdgets said:

NEVER by a motherboard from Newegg, ever, never ever ever:

Yeah I read about that about the same time I started this thread. Ill only use Newegg just to check out prices now; Ill shop B&H Photo from here on out.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

UK here, so usually shop from Amazon or Scan. Amazon have been ok most of the time, but I did buy a hard drive from them last year, that was DOA. Returned for a replacement which sounded like a train when it spooled up. Despite trying to get a refund they forced me to go down the route of contacting Samsung directly first, and I'm so glad I did. Gave Samsung the serial number for the drive and it turned out it was out of warranty when I got it AND it turned out it was an OEM unit that had originally been sold in a games console. 

Got my refund from Amazon, but it left a bad taste. It was one of those "Fulfilled by Amazon" items, so not directly sold by them. Still dodgy though.

my last re-fit was from newegg, Mainboard, CPU, Ram, PSU

But I knew something was up when my NewEgg Credit Card was simply sent to collections, even though the account was less than 20% utilized and current on payments,

Seemed Synchrony was basically trying to cut ties with newegg at the time, as newegg was pushing the "Affirm", payments.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I guess results vary, been buying from newegg since the mid 90s and nary a hitch. Just got my 1TB M.2 SSD yesterday, installed and working great. I have found you need to read everything about the terms, who's selling it, where it's coming from, and return/warrantees before you buy, from every retailer. Fools and their money are quickly separated....... avoid being the fool, your money doesn't go as far today as it did just yesterday. 

Cheers

Sempre Fortis

15 minutes ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

I guess results vary, been buying from newegg since the mid 90s and nary a hitch. Just got my 1TB M.2 SSD yesterday, installed and working great. I have found you need to read everything about the terms, who's selling it, where it's coming from, and return/warranties before you buy, from every retailer.

Newegg wasnt originally like that, that recently happened when the chinese took over the company. When you realize the company prefers profit over customer relationship, its time to move on somewhere else.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

it's becoming a industry wide problem,

Users buying Products, swapping it out with fake/older products and return, and they are not checked and just thrown back into the sellable inventory.

I've seen Bestbuy users getting fake intel or amd processors, same with GPU.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a experience...At the beginning of the silicon shortage, during the BIG Winter Storm that hit the Southern US over a year ago.  When the power was restored my PC would not boot.  I am poor, the most PC I could buy was a "Open Box" Cyber Power PC from Newegg, I had bought from them before, had no complaints but did not research if the company had changed.   What I got was a completely disassembled PC with all the components shoved into the case without padding, the GPU and big CPU air cooler were stacked ontop of the motherboard and the Ryzen CPU was in a regular Ziplock bag...at least 1/3 of the pins were crushed, the motherboard had obvious damage, the GPU mount was bent and the best part...the M.2 HD was gone...stolen by whomever bought it "new" and returned it. 

I could physically prove that I did not have time to take it apart with my UPS account and the time I called Newegg's Customer Service, just enough time for someone to open the box and look.  I tried telling the Rep that I bought a complete PC but everything in the box was trashed, DESTROYED, her response "is there damage too the shipping box?", the questions she was asking was leading to trying to blame UPS so they would not be at fault....again trying to tell the Rep what was wrong, they wanted me to upload pics to some website, I forgot which one, that required an account to do so.  I had to demand to send them in an email, while I was taking the pics, she hung up...I was not taking my time, she hung up because I stopped speaking for the amount of time it takes a person to pick up their phone and open the camera app. 

When I called them back, less than 10 minutes to take pics and send them in an email, their response was, we will take a look and let you know.  While talking to this new Rep I asked why/how could this happen...she repeatedly said all returns are inspected so this "...could not happen".  A few days later, they authorized a return...not a refund, just ship it back and they will "Inspect it".  4 Weeks later they authorized my refund...again I have a UPS account, Newegg received it in 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During this time I was looking at Newegg returns and seeing the countless stories that were very similar to mine, where people were sold know damaged or broken parts components and PC's and refused to refund the customer because Newegg would use the smallest excuse to deny a refund, the video of Steve at GamersNexus is an good example...AND they would not send the product back to the customer....they would keep your money and keep the trashed product they sold you to probably resell it and scam someone else. 

I did get my money back, luckily, I honestly believe my UPS account is the only reason, the fact there was not enough time for a human to disassemble a PC between the time it was delivered and the time I was speaking to a Newegg Rep, but the punch line is during the 4 weeks they took to decide I saw several PC's just on Amazon that I could afford that were equal too or better PC's.  By the time I got my money the silicon shortage was in full swing and only scalpers had GPU's so I had to wait another 9 months. 

DO NOT BUY FROM NEWEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They tried to blame anyone but themselves

CS Reps do not listen

THEY LIE

I will be goddamned if I ever buy from them again.  I hope they go bankrupt

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maddthomas said:

I had a experience...At the beginning of the silicon shortage, during the BIG Winter Storm that hit the Southern US over a year ago.  When the power was restored my PC would not boot.  I am poor, the most PC I could buy was a "Open Box" Cyber Power PC from Newegg, I had bought from them before, had no complaints but did not research if the company had changed.   What I got was a completely disassembled PC with all the components shoved into the case without padding, the GPU and big CPU air cooler were stacked ontop of the motherboard and the Ryzen CPU was in a regular Ziplock bag...at least 1/3 of the pins were crushed, the motherboard had obvious damage, the GPU mount was bent and the best part...the M.2 HD was gone...stolen by whomever bought it "new" and returned it. 

I could physically prove that I did not have time to take it apart with my UPS account and the time I called Newegg's Customer Service, just enough time for someone to open the box and look.  I tried telling the Rep that I bought a complete PC but everything in the box was trashed, DESTROYED, her response "is there damage too the shipping box?", the questions she was asking was leading to trying to blame UPS so they would not be at fault....again trying to tell the Rep what was wrong, they wanted me to upload pics to some website, I forgot which one, that required an account to do so.  I had to demand to send them in an email, while I was taking the pics, she hung up...I was not taking my time, she hung up because I stopped speaking for the amount of time it takes a person to pick up their phone and open the camera app. 

When I called them back, less than 10 minutes to take pics and send them in an email, their response was, we will take a look and let you know.  While talking to this new Rep I asked why/how could this happen...she repeatedly said all returns are inspected so this "...could not happen".  A few days later, they authorized a return...not a refund, just ship it back and they will "Inspect it".  4 Weeks later they authorized my refund...again I have a UPS account, Newegg received it in 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During this time I was looking at Newegg returns and seeing the countless stories that were very similar to mine, where people were sold know damaged or broken parts components and PC's and refused to refund the customer because Newegg would use the smallest excuse to deny a refund, the video of Steve at GamersNexus is an good example...AND they would not send the product back to the customer....they would keep your money and keep the trashed product they sold you to probably resell it and scam someone else. 

I did get my money back, luckily, I honestly believe my UPS account is the only reason, the fact there was not enough time for a human to disassemble a PC between the time it was delivered and the time I was speaking to a Newegg Rep, but the punch line is during the 4 weeks they took to decide I saw several PC's just on Amazon that I could afford that were equal too or better PC's.  By the time I got my money the silicon shortage was in full swing and only scalpers had GPU's so I had to wait another 9 months. 

DO NOT BUY FROM NEWEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They tried to blame anyone but themselves

CS Reps do not listen

THEY LIE

I will be goddamned if I ever buy from them again.  I hope they go bankrupt

Returns sit on an Incoming Shipment loading dock until someone inspects them,
the issue is, often the returns are simply passed without even looking, or a simple open box, see plastic wrap and think it was never used and passed, in which case it's returned to stock.

For giggles, when NewEgg started to have issues with sending open box items, We received 2 open box APC Rack Units, we got a return Authorization quickly as we provided images,
Previous person obviously bought the racks and jacked the batteries out of them and sent them back with some old OEM Battery Cells, as there was damage to the casing where they used metal flat head to force the release clips instead of a plastic pry tool.

Long story short, we were sending back 2, $1000 units, so we not only shipped with UPS and added insurance and max verification of receiver, we threw a GPS Tag in the box. 🙂

That box got to NewEgg in less than 72 Hours and was signed for by ---------------- (yes, a line), and sat in the same spot on the map for 17 days before it was moved to the other side of the building. We got an email a week later saying our return was received. GPS tag didnt move for another 5 days, until it was moved back to the dock and loaded on a truck to another warehouse. after a few days, the tag stopped transmitting, either battery died or someone found and destroyed the GPS Tag. The Batteries are good for 8 months though, so likely someone found the tag and turned it off or destroyed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mars Exulte said:

@SkateZilla

You're hardcore with that GPS tag. The Liam Neeson of customer service. ''I WILL return you.''

I gps Tag all high Value Shipments, you'd be surprised how often label tracking is spoofed by them.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Mate, I got a £470. 76 refund from Newegg after ordering the wrong RAM, have been doing business with them for years and you come up with this B.S, accusing them of fraud. BIG MISS.

Ordered on 11/8/2022 refunded on 11/28/2022.

refund.jpg

AND I got my motherboard from Newegg it works flawlessly. Cheers. ps get help.

3 hours ago, daniellechams said:

I'm planning to buy some PC parts, and the stuff from Newegg is a lot cheaper. They don't have as good reviews as Amazon, so I'm not sure if I should buy from them. If anyone has bought anything from Newegg: - How is the customer service? - Do they actually deliver the stuff you buy? - Is the shipping reliable? - Is their stuff the quality it's supposed to be?

Tons of gear from them since Jan 2021, never had a problem, delivery was on time each single time, last order for £1,965.05, with the wrong RAM kit ordered, I called, they took it back and refunded the totality of the amount spent on the item.

Now, I had online orders issues with companies in europe, in the UK too and it can happen, not mentioning online bugs that results on being charged twice for one order, I received both and had to return one after spending hours on the phone, and no it wasn't Newegg or the USA.

Bashing one for this sort of problems with videos from a guy who spend his time showing how he dislike them is certainly not going to improve things.

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Never had a problem with newegg once and I've ordered dozens of gpus from them and other various system components over the years. They are my goto for items that are either not available by amazon or less expensive than amazon.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

7 hours ago, Thinder said:

Mate, I got a £470. 76 refund from Newegg after ordering the wrong RAM, have been doing business with them for years and you come up with this B.S, accusing them of fraud. BIG MISS.

Ordered on 11/8/2022 refunded on 11/28/2022.

refund.jpg

Good for you. Meanwhile scammers still prevalent on Newegg here in the states. Just....stop.

9 hours ago, daniellechams said:

I'm planning to buy some PC parts, and the stuff from Newegg is a lot cheaper. They don't have as good reviews as Amazon, so I'm not sure if I should buy from them. If anyone has bought anything from Newegg: - How is the customer service? - Do they actually deliver the stuff you buy? - Is the shipping reliable? - Is their stuff the quality it's supposed to be?

B&H Photo is one of the best places to buy now, if not Microcenter...if you happen to have a microcenter nearby. If you DO happen to shop Newegg, absolutely 100% verify that its shipped By Newegg and not 3rd party. When you get it, inspect it and verify the serial numbers match the box. Take it out of the package and ensure its not a used item. Quality has taken a nose dive since Newegg was sold off a few years ago.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

2 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Good for you. Meanwhile scammers still prevalent on Newegg here in the states. Just....stop.

B&H Photo is one of the best places to buy now, if not Microcenter...if you happen to have a microcenter nearby. If you DO happen to shop Newegg, absolutely 100% verify that its shipped By Newegg and not 3rd party. When you get it, inspect it and verify the serial numbers match the box. Take it out of the package and ensure its not a used item. Quality has taken a nose dive since Newegg was sold off a few years ago.

No YOU stop your BS.

If you're frustrated you can keep it for yourself and we only know your side of the story, You sound like a troll no less.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

11 hours ago, Thinder said:

Bashing one for this sort of problems with videos from a guy who spend his time showing how he dislike them is certainly not going to improve things.

Neither is pretending that bad things don't or can't happen. Especially in a company which entered the "too big to fail" mentality. Hammer1-1 is not the only guy on this forum (or other forums) who had issues with them and GN is not the only youtuber who brought it up, so you should stop BS-ing too.

Doesn't mean the other vendors are always innocent angels either, but Hammer's tips about checking the shipment are valid and should apply to whoever one buys from.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I've bought a lot from Newegg with no problems. Lucky I guess. I'll stop buying from them now.

I just bought something from Amazon i'm not thrilled with so far. I bought and paid for it on the 3rd and it still hasn't shipped yet. We'll see how it turns out.

I agree about B&H Photo. They're the best so far. I've bought 6-7 items so far and everyone has shipped the same day I ordered and received it in 2 days. It was free too! I'm in Colorado and they're in New York City. If you want to return an item all you need to do is click a button and they send a return label. No need to talk to anybody. The return label is 2 day shipping too. They do charge $16 for the return label. I asked the woman at the shipping store where I shipped it what it would cost if I paid to ship it. She said $64. They have to be the best CS i've ever dealt with.

Edited by BuzzU
  • Like 1

Buzz

7 hours ago, Art-J said:

Neither is pretending that bad things don't or can't happen. Especially in a company which entered the "too big to fail" mentality. Hammer1-1 is not the only guy on this forum (or other forums) who had issues with them and GN is not the only youtuber who brought it up, so you should stop BS-ing too.

Doesn't mean the other vendors are always innocent angels either, but Hammer's tips about checking the shipment are valid and should apply to whoever one buys from.

Right.

Your  bunch make me laugh, I've been ordering stuff online for ages, if I have been trying to take down the "bad guys" every time I had an issue, up to TODAY with failed deliveries, no phone call, error 404 when you follow their links, I'd have spammed this forum with my pitty stories like you do.

02/12/22 18:10. OOOOOPS! Looks like Im gonna have to spend my dosh on phone calls again and NO it's NOT Newegg.

error.jpg

You guys again sound like trolls and I couldn't give a damned Youtube contributor opinions especially those who like you can't keep emotional and intellectual separated, as for your favourite one, the day I'll take hism seriously is precisely when he'll stop trying to sell opinions for facts like you do...

You accuse them of corruption? SUE them for a laugh, but your character assassination tricks are too gross to have any effect on people who have some experience with Newegg and other companies, be it sellers or courriers, both sides of the coins, this is why your B.S is just that, BS. btw I worked for years as a courrier so I know EXACTLY what this is all about.

Now, I'm preparing my phase 2 upgrade and I WILL ORDER from Newegg, I'm not about to change my mind after reading your hateful whinning and baseless accusations, this forum is not the right place for that, the right place is called a court of justice. Now you characters give us a break, people have more important things to do than indulge in this this circus.

If you prefer, you can keep it up and pat each other on the back pretending you had an effect because you're "too bing to ignore", well I might have given you the wrong impression, I replied, but did it with with EVIDENCES other than a biased video but frankly I couldn't give a heck your opinions.

Perhaps a judge could but I'm sure none of you will follow up with your stuff, if it was anywhere near credible you wouldn't be spaming forums...

5 hours ago, BuzzU said:

I've bought a lot from Newegg with no problems. Lucky I guess. I'll stop buying from them now.

I just bought something from Amazon i'm not thrilled with so far. I bought and paid for it on the 3rd and it still hasn't shipped yet. We'll see how it turns out.

Are you going to stop buying from Amazon as well? See how those forum trolls tricks work? Same thing with me btw but I'm still buying from them without asking them to refund my phone bills.

If you had no issues with Newegg, it's not luck but their hard work, it's NOT those B.S you should follow but your own experience.

And something else, this sort of trick goes way beyhond forumers, you should try to have some level of distinction...

Ips Delivery Scam {Nov 2022} Find Complete Knowledge!

Edited by Thinder

8 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

It's foolish to not listen to feedback. I've made no decisions but i'm alerted now.

You call that feedback? You probably have traded more with Newegg than they did. Funny, I was under the impression that they make allegation but bring no evidences to support them.

Again, if it was anywhere near credible or not a scam by companies trying to take over, be it sellers or courriers, they'll be in legal trouble, instead they try this trolling thing and get some results aparently, by people who put their opinions over their own experience.

Oh, and I forgot, Youtube contributors are making theire living of their videos, if they keep trying to tell me the opposite of what I experienced myself, their credibility is certainly not going up from my side, and I'm not only talking about the Newegg thing, the difference is I'm not going after them when I know they were wrong.

Edited by Thinder

33 minutes ago, Thinder said:

You call that feedback? You probably have traded more with Newegg than they did. Funny, I was under the impression that they make allegation but bring no evidences to support them.

Again, if it was anywhere near credible or not a scam by companies trying to take over, be it sellers or courriers, they'll be in legal trouble, instead they try this trolling thing and get some results aparently, by people who put their opinions over their own experience.

Oh, and I forgot, Youtube contributors are making theire living of their videos, if they keep trying to tell me the opposite of what I experienced myself, their credibility is certainly not going up from my side, and I'm not only talking about the Newegg thing, the difference is I'm not going after them when I know they were wrong.

No, this thread made me aware of a problem that Newegg has now. The feedback i'm talking about is not from this thread.

I don't consider it a big deal to not buy from Newegg. Lot's of places to buy what I need.

Buzz

8 hours ago, Thinder said:

No YOU stop your BS.

If you're frustrated you can keep it for yourself and we only know your side of the story, You sound like a troll no less.

Yeah I guess you're the only person who aint had problems from Newegg here. Hey look everyone, nothing bad ever happens to this guy! NEVER!  GFY.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

In general, newegg and Amazon and all other sites included, I try to stay away from the vendor or 3'rd party sellers. This probably keeps me away from most of the scams. I prefer Amazon for their return policy. Never had an issue. I've always considered newegg (US or Canada, have used both) as a decent company personally.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS