SAMs exploding right at launch.

Rhayvn

I have been seeing, more and more frequently, that SAMs explode almost immediately after launch.  This seems almost to be at random at mission start as sometimes, they work and other they have the issue.  This is fairly game breaking as you can not predict when it will happen and makes any SAM related balance unpredictable.

This error is present in the logs for each launch:  ERROR SOUND: invalid host_params(MAIN_17098752/weapon): orientation

They explode so quickly, tacview thinks they damage the launcher/launching ship:

image.png

On 3/15/2022 at 7:51 AM, btd said:

As for the Error Sound, can you please share the short track with me with this error?

I would be happy to send the track file, but I can't get it below 9M and the limit here is 5.  Is there somewhere else I can post it and give you the link?

• ED Team
6 hours ago, Rhayvn said:

I would be happy to send the track file, but I can't get it below 9M and the limit here is 5.  Is there somewhere else I can post it and give you the link?

It doesn't look like a short track ))))

Yea, any option you like, drive, cloud, no matter

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

I too have noticed this happen  many many time to me when i am playing multiplayer. i rarely play single player so i dont know if its happening there.
Altho i only know about this with land based sam sites. i play A10 so i dont know about ships. i dont belong at the sea 😛

Anywho. it has happend so many times now i basially know how to do it. 

1 * Approche the sam site at low altitute., i mean low.  almost skimming the tree tops.
2 * Get relative close to the samsite.  4-5nm miiles out.

3 * Increase your alt a little bit so your at the threshold where the sam can fire at you. 
4 * Once the sam launches. quickly dive so youre skimming the treetops again.
5 * Missile explodes over sam site or verry close to it.

I am running the latest stable release. 2.7.10.19473

Edited by nuxil

2 hours ago, nuxil said:

I too have noticed this happen  many many time to me when i am playing multiplayer. i rarely play single player so i dont know if its happening there.
Altho i only know about this with land based sam sites. i play A10 so i dont know about ships. i dont belong at the sea 😛

Anywho. it has happend so many times now i basially know how to do it. 

1 * Approche the sam site at low altitute., i mean low.  almost skimming the tree tops.
2 * Get relative close to the samsite.  4-5nm miiles out.

3 * Increase your alt a little bit so your at the threshold where the sam can fire at you. 
4 * Once the sam launches. quickly dive so youre skimming the treetops again.
5 * Missile explodes over sam site or verry close to it.

I am running the latest stable release. 2.7.10.19473

That I think is as it should be. The SAM looses lock when you dive again and selfdestructs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedeyeStorm said:

That I think is as it should be. The SAM looses lock when you dive again and selfdestructs.

Yes I believe it is when the site loses track it self destructs missiles. However, seems weird how they explode immediately after launch, if anything it'd be nice if ED could implement something to delay a bit. I have had entire sites eliminate themselves by blowing up missiles soon as the missile is off the rail and destroys launcher.