Hughes OH-6 Cayuse

Hawkeye60

For your consideration,

The Hughes OH-6 Cayuse

ai only at present.

Could use the AH-6J FM to make her flyable.

With mountable Gatling gun!

And mountable rear gunner, who has a gun connector.

Also rockets and missiles are available to mount and deploy.

A Blend Swap model, free to use with a creative commons license.

Not fully tested.

Let me know of any issues.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r71jjfeswz96lhc/Hughes OH-6A 2.8.2.zip?dl=0

Screen-220304-215947.jpg

Screen-220310-103442.jpg

Screen-220310-103603.jpg

Screen-220312-161346.jpg

Screen-220312-161350.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Nice!  

Would be kinda cool to combine this model with the flight and wpns pack from the AH-6, just like you suggest! 

No idea if an M-60 door gunner was possible for a mod...

Of course, anyone doing that mod would have to remember that the original had one single minigun, but that the rate of fire might be 2000 - 4000 rounds per minute, or 3000 - 6000 rounds per minute, depending on which settings the unit armorer ordered, and what rate the pilot wanted/selected (no idea if he could change his rate setting while in the air, or if that was a ground-only selection).  Meaning what? Well, the General Electric Minigun is powered by an electric motor, and as I understand it, there was two main versions during Vietnam, faster and slower. But also, there was a switch, so the operator could choose between really fast and half of that speed, that's why I give two rates of fire. I do not know which was more common. I have heard that during that war, the Minigun was not all that reliable... not a showstopper, but more a significant headache for aircrews and groundcrews that had to fix them.

. From what I understand, it was these stoppages and breakages that caused Dillon Aero's owner to improve them, perhaps as a hobby in those days, but that it lead to major production and contracts all around th eworld.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Hawkeye60

I like it.

Nibbylot's flyable version is nice also, however, since v0.4 the AI and wingmen do not

follow waypoints, or tasks, nor do they shoot, nor do they fly any faster than 42 knots. 

It's nice to have some AI that actually do something; now if we could just make these flyable, that would be cool.

You say that the two mods could be combined. How would I go about doing that?

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

21 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

You say that the two mods could be combined. How would I go about doing that?

Sorry, I'm no expert in DCS mods. I just know that it's "possible", having seen huge number of mods in lots of sims before.

I'm suggesting enlisting help from other mod people in this forum to help you do this, or guide you to learning how. Maybe start by contacting Nibbylot himself, though he might be too busy with another project now ( I think he's doing the flight physics for the Bo-105 helo by Fragger's Militec 5 published by Razbam?).

But I do know that Nibby made the Littlebird mod specifically to help teach mod makers to do their own helos without depending on installed helo modules... so maybe there's some data right in that mod itself. Long time ago when I did mods for FS2004, on rare occasions there would be extra descriptive text in the configuration files, and I'd be able to learn a LOT from just that. 

I'd help you myself (starting from zero knowledge myself) but I'm too busy at work these days, and wouldn't be able to actually benefit you until actually learning some things!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well guys,

You could do a "cut and paste" mod using the nibbly helicopter.

There are two ways to do this.

One only allows a single Instance of either to be used at a time.

The other method requires some lua code magic.

And can be hit or miss,

Anyone can make the "cut and paste" version.

Just copy the edm and textures/skins files into the AH-j folders and re-name them to that mods names  exactly.

DO NOT copy any EDM but the main OH-6a!

You need his collision file.

Add the correct display name in the main lua, and you have a flyable OH-6A

See Damian's Helo mods for how it is done.

It is how he did it.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

@Hawkeye60

Thanks for the advice, but on second thought, I would like to keep them the way they are.

Is there a way to modify the OH6 liveries for use with the AH6?

The AH AI's and wingmen are terrible. They will not follow waypoints, nor tasks, nor will they shoot at anything, 

nor fly any faster than 42 knots. The OH mod works perfectly so, here's where I am at right now.

I would like to fly the AH and use the OH as AI's but would like to use the same liveries on both mods. Any ideas??

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU