Engagement Procedure-Help

theox

Following the directions in the tutorial, I attempt to turn on my "Turn Nose Towards Target" and "Ground Moving Target" buttons in the combat control panel. However, the lights don't turn on! Why is this? I am cold starting with the following switches on/off:

Master Arm=On

Weapons Control Panel=On

Training Mode=Off

Laser Desig.= On

No dice on those lights coming up, anyone got a hint?

Also, when I did manage to lock up a target in the method illustrated in the tutorial (minus those 2 lights) I found I could not release a weapon! I even had the "C" authorization! My Vikhrs were selected and switches as described above. I got a "countdown timer" in the hud but no cigar. Anyone got a hint here?

I've seen this too... something with the order I turned the switches on. When I powered down all of the weapons/nav systems and repowered it, it started working. Sometimes when I'm having problems launching pressing Backspace and retargetting works.

Well, I auto-started the chopper with the cheat key and the buttons work perfectly. Wonder if I missed something on start-up. Still no joy on weps release though, they stubbornly stay on the racks. Anyone got a good procedure for engagement?