Triggered fire at point results in aimed fire

I have run into this problem with a variety of setups. I want to active a fire at point option if an aircraft from the opposite coalition flies over a trigger zone near a AAA site. The problem I get is that the trigger to activate the fire at point AI task yields aimed fire at the aircraft, not fire at the point.

It seems to be that the trigger is overriding the AI option ROE Weapon Hold so that if the triggering aircraft is within the engagement range of the AAA unit, we get aimed fire. In the second example, the trigger zone and aircraft path have been moved away from the AAA unit and this yields the fire at point behavior that I was hoping both examples would produce.

Trigger yields aimed fire.trk Trigger yields barrage fire.trk

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team
On 3/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, Rolds said:

I have run into this problem with a variety of setups. I want to active a fire at point option if an aircraft from the opposite coalition flies over a trigger zone near a AAA site. The problem I get is that the trigger to activate the fire at point AI task yields aimed fire at the aircraft, not fire at the point.

It seems to be that the trigger is overriding the AI option ROE Weapon Hold so that if the triggering aircraft is within the engagement range of the AAA unit, we get aimed fire. In the second example, the trigger zone and aircraft path have been moved away from the AAA unit and this yields the fire at point behavior that I was hoping both examples would produce.

Trigger yields aimed fire.trk 233.75 kB · 3 downloads Trigger yields barrage fire.trk 266.13 kB · 2 downloads

Hey Rolds, try instead of ROE use ALARM STATE = Green and that should work for you. Thanks

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On 6/10/2022 at 6:18 PM, NineLine said:

Hey Rolds, try instead of ROE use ALARM STATE = Green and that should work for you. Thanks

Hey I just gave that a try and same result, seems like fire at point causes both to reset to weapons free and red.  Setting units invisible works somewhat as a bandaid but that has some limitations.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only way to overcome what is for sure, a bug. Setting ROE WEAPON HOLD and ALARM STATE GREEN has ZERO affect on the ground troops engaging. How this can be marked as no bug is astonishing.

Designers are attempting to set a fire fight, that their player/aircraft then enter. Upon entering, the battle is almost over due to this BUG! By setting INVISIBLE, the AI Wingmen now do not engage, so you as player have to kill all units, despite weapon loadouts!

On 6/13/2022 at 7:56 PM, PhoenixSims said:

Hey I just gave that a try and same result, seems like fire at point causes both to reset to weapons free and red.  Setting units invisible works somewhat as a bandaid but that has some limitations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]