Indication of a possible KA-52

Bedouin

that can mean a lot of things, and honestly I think would make a better option going with the Mi-28 instead. On a side note, the Ka-52 looks like someone chopped off the front end of an A-6E and glued it onto the Ka50.  Cant unsee it now...

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Maybe Wags confused modules or something, because there is literally no point of having an AI helper with Ka-50, at least none that I can think of.

Would love a Ka-52, but I don't see it being likely. Mi-28 would be cool too, but between the two I'd definitely much prefer the Kamov.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

- Has another helicopter on the pipeline, no coments yet. (Mi-28, KA-52, AH-1, Eurocopter Tiger, Black Hawk, AH-2 Rooivalk,  A129 Mangusta, Westland Lynx,...there would be so many great helicopters to choose from. I'm curious what ED delivers here...)
- BS3 has very much on development and can get a new standar on modeling (YES!! 🙂 ). More detail coming when AH-64D has been release.
- Updates on old helos (as multicrew on Mi-8) has a question of resources, when that will be available, that comming.

-> we can be excited... 

• Thanks 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

5 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

- BS3 has very much on development and can get a new standar on modeling (YES!! 🙂 ). More detail coming when AH-64D has been release.

if you listened to the podcast, you would notice that Wags mentioned that in the past there was a single developer who had this responsibility but also others (which were apparently more important).

Presently both Hind and Ah-64D are not complete and there a further things to be added to the both of them. I would expect them to focus on Ah-64 for the next 6-8 months at least. Hind may get some attention, but BS3 I do not expect anytime soon.

We should not hype this thing, but rather be realistic.

• Like 1

23 минуты назад, kotor633 сказал:

- Has another helicopter on the pipeline, no coments yet. (Mi-28, KA-52, AH-1, Eurocopter Tiger, Black Hawk, AH-2 Rooivalk,  A129 Mangusta, Westland Lynx,...there would be so many great helicopters to choose from. I'm curious what ED delivers here...)
- Updates on old helos (as multicrew on Mi-8) has a question of resources, when that will be available, that comming.

-> we can be excited... 

Ka-52 won't probably need an AI assistant because both pilots share, like, 95% of controls, so it's more like Mi-8 or Huey in that regard. Mi-28 would indeed be nice but unlikely due to being too modern. So aside from the rest of the above I have another candidate - Mi-24VP. It has a chin turret 23 mm cannon, up to 12 ATGMs, A-A capability, NVG capability and an upgraded day and night search and targeting suite. 25-30 machines produced since 1989, so from the legal availability point of view it's somewhere in the realm of Ka-50 and Su-25T and seems to bring a lot of options for gameplay while inheriting much of the existing Mi-24P codebase. Do want.

51 minutes ago, WarbossPetross said:

Ka-52 won't probably need an AI assistant because both pilots share, like, 95% of controls, so it's more like Mi-8 or Huey in that regard. Mi-28 would indeed be nice but unlikely due to being too modern. So aside from the rest of the above I have another candidate - Mi-24VP. It has a chin turret 23 mm cannon, up to 12 ATGMs, A-A capability, NVG capability and an upgraded day and night search and targeting suite. 25-30 machines produced since 1989, so from the legal availability point of view it's somewhere in the realm of Ka-50 and Su-25T and seems to bring a lot of options for gameplay while inheriting much of the existing Mi-24P codebase. Do want.

The purpose of the AI in Ka-52 would be to fly the helicopter or maintain a dynamic hover while you're operating weapons.

As regards to Mi-24VP, I think you're confusing some bits with Mi-24VM/Mi-35M. Mi-24VP was indeed a variant of Mi-24V with a dual 23mm cannon turret, but there were some issues in practice with it which is one of the reasons for low production numbers.

Mi-24VM/Mi-35M takes the 23mm turret configuration (I'd presume with a different control system like e.g. HMS which resolves earlier issues?) and adds those various upgrades related to targeting optics and night-flying, but I would presume ED would not be allowed to model these variants.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

42 минуты назад, Dudikoff сказал:

The purpose of the AI in Ka-52 would be to fly the helicopter or maintain a dynamic hover while you're operating weapons.

As regards to Mi-24VP, I think you're confusing some bits with Mi-24VM/Mi-35M. Mi-24VP was indeed a variant of Mi-24V with a dual 23mm cannon turret, but there were some issues in practice with it which is one of the reasons for low production numbers.

Mi-24VM/Mi-35M takes the 23mm turret configuration (I'd presume with a different control system like e.g. HMS which resolves earlier issues?) and adds those various upgrades related to targeting optics and night-flying, but I would presume ED would not be allowed to model these variants.

Mi-24VM is a modern heli in current operational use, so little chance to have it in the game right now, while Mi-24VP is more or less the same thing based on 1980's tech. Like many other funny toys it did not go into production because of the collapse of USSR and all assorted funding, so when funding resumed engineers decided to use modern tech and skip straight to the VM etc. That leaves the VP as a prototype with some roots in reality not unlike Ka-50 that we already have, that's why I hope it would be easier to get clearance to develop it.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb okopanja:

but BS3 I do not expect anytime soon -> I don't think we can expect the expansion any time soon either. But the statement "BS3 has very much on development and can get a new standard on modeling. More detail coming when AH-64D has been release." gives you hope, doesn't it? It is more info than we have received for the BS3 in the last few weeks and months... 

We should not hype this thing, but rather be realistic. -> I'm totally with you. But: What I posted is light years away from hype. It's just an expression of my delight at what Wags said on the podcast. 

Edited by kotor633

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

@kotor633 you can select a piece of text and then use quote option to include it and post comment below.

There is a hope, but I am the realist type of guy who lives by producing software. Wags' own words are that a single developer was allocated, and was not even dedicated to the task. At the same time he tells about having whole teams on 64 for the past 2+ years. Being a SW developer myself that single developer allocated to Ka-50 is likely maintaining present BS2, and no actual work has taken place yet. Again I can not stress enough: this is a speculation and I do not wish to sound negative. Listen to whole interview and make your own conclusions.

Off course, I welcome the BS3, being mentioned, but I am actually waiting on something that he did not mention at all, and which depends on BS3 being there first...

19 hours ago, kotor633 said:

- Has another helicopter on the pipeline

I would assume that would be the AH-1 Cobra they have started and stopped several times. As recently as a year or so ago it was "in the works" and then more recently "suspended". It would presumably have a lot of potential overlap with the Apache (as far as the video game version goes), and would be a fairly straightforward port for their AI with minimal tweaking. Seems more logical to me at least than starting a completely new project that would require a significant overhaul.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I would be more interested in any single seater combat helo than the Apache...  but I'm SUPER interested in the Apache anyway...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 3/17/2022 at 12:36 AM, Mars Exulte said:

I would assume that would be the AH-1 Cobra they have started and stopped several times. As recently as a year or so ago it was "in the works" and then more recently "suspended". It would presumably have a lot of potential overlap with the Apache (as far as the video game version goes), and would be a fairly straightforward port for their AI with minimal tweaking. Seems more logical to me at least than starting a completely new project that would require a significant overhaul.

Yes, that is my assumption too.

I'd love something European though... or the Mi-2URP from Poland... it is like an Mi-8 trying to be a scout helicopter! The closest Soviet equivalent to the Bo-105/OH-58/Sa-342!  Lots of interesting weapon systems too - and as it is old, out-of-date, and Polish (not Russian), there should be no barriers to researching it!

1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

Yes, that is my assumption too.

I'd love something European though... or the Mi-2URP from Poland... it is like an Mi-8 trying to be a scout helicopter! The closest Soviet equivalent to the Bo-105/OH-58/Sa-342!  Lots of interesting weapon systems too - and as it is old, out-of-date, and Polish (not Russian), there should be no barriers to researching it!

Mi-2URP looks so cute 

2 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

Ka-26 says hello :happy:

True... but is relatively new and doesn't have armed variants etc. Still cute though.

3 hours ago, ak22 said:

Mi-2URP looks so cute 

I know! Cute!

Multipurpose too - and one of three most produced Soviet helicopter (along with the Mi-8 and Mi-24)