Question on startup procedure

TheMoose

Hi,

Yes I still use the auto start procedure alt-home since I still consider myself a noob :music_whistling: but my question is the startup procedures enables Auto pitch and bank rool by default, but should you keep them enable when flying? There is also a Auto Pilot director? that one not sure what it does, I press it but I seem to have nothing happening.

I know rtfm:book:, but I did, but I want to learn the principle of when and not too apply them.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

If you have not done so, please take a read through this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=569223&postcount=27

Thanks that was quick :D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

2) To be procedurally accurate and fly realistically, always keep the autopilot channels on (blue buttons for Pitch, Bank, Heading). Some people find that turning the Heading channel off provides better yaw response and seems more natural, but this will likely build bad habits and disrupt the proper learning process. In real life, turning off the autopilot channels is not permitted under normal circumstances.

That answers it, but I did notice that without them enable it seems to responds faster. I’m curious in why in normal circumstances they are prevented to use them in RL? Is there a circumstance where a RL pilot would actually disable them? I’m just curious.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by TheMoose

I’m curious in why in normal circumstances they are prevented to use them in RL?

Maybe to few stick time for the real Russian drivers?

Maybe also that it´s required to steady your vodka-shaky hands from last night at the o-club... ;)

• Like 1

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Maybe to few stick time for the real Russian drivers?

Maybe also that it´s required to steady your vodka-shaky hands from last night at the o-club... ;)

lol THANKS that was good one :megalol:

Thanks