No radio comms audio.

TED

I'm pretty sure this is something I've screwed up but hoping someone can help. 

Suddenly the other week the radio comms stopped working. It's on all modules and all maps. The comms menu works, and the calls are being made as I can see it goes onto the appropriate next menu. However there is no voice ai audio at all. 

I've gone through all the obvious things. Easy comms on and off. Checked frequencies are all correct. Ptt buttons assigned. It happens both on ground and in air, no difference. 

Anyone have any other clues about where to look? It basically seems like all the audio scripts are gone. 

6 minutes ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

1. You can check the sound settings in DCS. 

Help with Hornet sound settings - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - ED Forums

2. Try to adjust the radio volume in the cockpit with the radio volume knob (usually it's a knob).

3. If it doesn't help, try to repair DCS.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. I tried all these and all other sounds are normal. Only radios. I think it may have to be the painful process of reinstall 😬

Solved. Somehow the audio inputs and outputs had changed in the audio settings menu. This actually happened a few weeks back too and all sound disappeared so something is causing it to change. At least I know now where it is and it’s easy to fix. 

my suspicion is that I have a usb device somewhere that’s confusing it and causing it to register as an audio output. 

Edited by TED