Replicatable CTD in ME modifying triggers

cailean_556

Working on a SEAD training mission on the Persian Gulf map.

Iranian HAWK, SA-2, SA-11 and SA-5 sites (HAWKs on Abu Musa, Sirri and Tunb Islands, SA-2 at Kish International and IVO Havadarya, SA-11 at Lar and IVO Havadarya (co-located with the SA-2 in the same area) and an SA-5 in Bandar Abbas, near the airport).

One HAWK site (Abu Musa) is active at mission start, the rest are set to activate as the site before it is destroyed (either by the player or by an AI DEAD package (which is yet to be added to the mission) OR by the player using a Comms Menu action once a certain unit of that particular group is destroyed (such as the Abu Musa HAWK site's TR - which prevents the site from firing).

I also added pairs of F-5E, MiG-21bis, F-4E, MiG-29A and F-14A (the HB one) (uncontrolled) that can be activated by using the Comms menu.

After placing the units in the desired configurations in the desired areas, I set about adding triggers.

After creating the desired trigger, I would copy it and then modify the Conditions and Actions, and content of those Actions as required.

Getting towards the end of the triggers pertaining to the Iranian SAMs, I copy a particular trigger (Kish SA-2 Disabled) as I've done with literally every other trigger. I move it to the bottom of the trigger list, rename it (I call it Bandar SA-2 Disabled), modify the Conditions (Unit Dead - Ground-3-2) and then attempt to modify the 'Message to All' action, by highlighting and deleting the second paragraph of that particular message/action. As soon as I press 'Backspace', DCS generates the crash log window and, after allowing it to do its thing, DCS CTDs.

I've managed to save the mission template it at a point where you should be able to simply copy the mentioned trigger. I have not (yet) attempt to copy another trigger, however I have been able to modify current triggers contents without causing a CTD.  

PG_Iran SEAD_Training.miz

• ED Team

Hi cailean_556

can you post the dcs log from the crash, it may have more clues for us. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Update on this:

Instead of copying the trigger, I simply made new ones from scratch. I was able to copy and overwrite text from other trigger Actions with no issue - I did not try deleting entire paragraphs.

I also, quite embarrasingly, realised during a QA session that I had set the launchers of the HAWK sites to Rapier launchers. I don't think that would cause the issue, as the trigger last night was based on an SA-2 site, but it has been rectified.

I have not yet had a CTD or other issue. Once I've done a bit of QA, I will attempt to replicate what I was doing last night to see if I can force the CTD again and provide an update.

EDIT:

After doing about 40 mins of QA, I copied the 'Kish SA-2 Disabled' trigger, moved it to the bottom of the list and then deleted the second paragraph. Unsure whether it's because I elected to manually add, as opposed to copy, the trigger, if DCS was just having a bad day or whether or not it's my computer (which is very new, but not outside the realms of possibility) but I wasn't able to replicate the crash.

Edited by cailean_556
Update after attempting to replicate for a 5th time