Opening day activities

davidrbarnette

Travel around the new part of Syria with it

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

Crank up my speakers to max, take off full speed ignoring all rules for take-off followed by flying nap of the earth to see if I can avoid the trees and shoot anything that moves around me. 

After that maybe I'll do the cold start just for fun 🙂

Edited by inexus
  • Like 1

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

There are some very nice training missions for hovering and landing -- I guess it is not hard to add the Apache to them:

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Thanks 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Up until I watched the "George" video I assumed that I would be primarily occupying the back seat and would have said:

1. Map controls.

2. Learn to fly.

3. Blow 'stuff' up.

But because I'm pretty much restricted to single player mode and will probably spend most of my time as a 'passenger' in the front seat:

1. Map controls.

2. Blow 'stuff' up.

For me:

- Map the Controls and test them out

- Some quick flights, just to get the feeling for the bird

- Try to understand the MPDs 

Then from tomorrow and during the weekend, start learning, Cold Start, proper Taxi and Take off, Landings and hovering

- perhaps then next week, start learning the weapons

I will take it slowly and with a lot of repetitions so the muscle memory starts to recognize the different functions, luckily i am patient man 😄

• Like 3

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

Watching the tutorial videos, now!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Woohoo here we are, today is the day baby!

Yep guess I will start watching some more of Wags videos whilst I pass time pressing F5 key lol. I really need to get back and finish the Hornet campaign I am currently flying - only three missions left. Don't want to miss the drop though - I want to get in the download early as I can.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have zero self-control. I just bought the damn thing a minute ago while it's still 30% off. My Blackshark will be so jealous.  But I love my eye candy and just gotta have those cutting edge visuals and tech toys.

Might take a nice long flight at dawn and transition from the night vision to the eyeball. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Or click on the Update button on the DCS Updater/Launcher GUI Utility...

Please, don't let the update server crashes!!!

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 minute ago, hannibal said:

Sadly I'm traveling today and will miss first day activities.

Was hoping my collective would have been built in time but I'm almost there 🤩

Screenshot_20220317-071342_Gallery.jpg

looking cool

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked and unlocked this topic
  • ED Team

thread cleaned, please treat each other with respect, thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

i come to realize my first day activities will be watching all the youtube videos of you guys sharing DCS AH64 videos!

hope to join everyone soon,

best of luck to ED and the team!

thak you for bringing this wonderful product to the masses

Edited by hannibal
  • Thanks 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Bring it on home baby! dburne on standby.

• Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

"Dear George , hover please and set unlimited gun ammo" 

SHUSH, I'm having fun. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lets go! This better drop soon or I'll be so jacked on coffee I'll need a pint ; )

My plan is to:

1. Learn startup without referring to reference. 

2. Mapping basic flight functions to HOTAS

3. Learning to navigate and fly over the next few weeks until it is second nature

4. Learning one system as a time with weapons and targeting being the last area of focus down the road.

• Like 3

1. Set up controls

2. Curse that I have a TM Airbus sidestick with 16 buttons and only one hat

3. Set up voice attack

4.  Fly whilst remembering the set up (VR only so cannot look to see what I did). Probably swear a lot.

5. Try to justify to my better half the parting of 400+Eur for a decent Hotas

Edited by shrimpy_dikdik
  • Like 3

As soon as I’m home, gonna clean the internals of my Virpils CM2 base and swap out the springs to the lower tension one.  Then my wife won’t see me again until midnight 🙂

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/