TH2g and FOV question

I am running a matrox tripplehead2go at a resolution of 4320x900 with Blackshark. I have pulled back the FOV with the usual key commands as far as it will go and the result are very impressive, hell it almost looks like it is real size (3x24 inch monitors) but I am not completly happy with the FOV.

Re: attached picture

ScreenShot_010.jpg

Is there any way to pull back the fov a little bit more to I can get in a bit more of the cockpit into the FOV?

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

I'm with you. Also, on the start up training mission you can't see what buttons are being pressed. A greater FOV for TH2G would be appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

...\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\View\

view.lua

-- Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.
CameraViewAngleLimits = {}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {20.0, 140.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {20.0, 120.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {20.0, 120.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {20.0, 120.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {20.0, 120.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {20.0, 120.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {5.0, 120.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {20.0, 140.0}
CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] = {20.0, [b]120[/b].0} 

There is a view.lua in BS - change the highlighted in the KA-50 line to 200.

And you should be fine.

Edited by urze
  • Like 2

Thanks Urze. FOV is much better.

Still can't see some of the dials being pointed at in the tutorials. The default zoom can't be zoomed out till I end the tutorial and take control. I need to set the default zoom to be maxed out zoom on start up. Is this possible?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

use than up to 250 .

But I warn you! You have to use "performance" (I have no AtI) setting in the control panel - This could cause heavy Stuttering (at my system) when using High Quality.

But it should be clear why it Happens: the GPU/CPU has much more objects to calculate that appear now at the sides....

Edit: You don't have to Thank me! just give me reputation next time...;)

Edited by urze

You don't have to Thank me! just give me reputation next time...;)

Ummmm. I did rep you in my last post aswell. :laugh:

Thanks again :harhar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah it is awesome. The only prob I have is that BS doesn't like starting up 1440x900 desktop. It starts but is minimized and won't maximize. So as a quick fix I just change the desktop to 1280x800 and BS starts fine. BS is set to run at 1440x900 so once I actually start the game I get 1440x900. Doesn't seem to like the GUI for some reason.

I would love to try 1680x1050 but my monitors wont drop to the required 57hz. I will fix that sooner or later tho :)

BTW out of the box the digital TH2G won't do high res widescreen, it needs a firmware update you download. Easy as.

Also note I bought the digital, more expensive but has the "picture behind the bezel so it all lines up nice" technology. Worth it I think.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Wouldn't be much point to it if it was pork choppy would it ;)

vista 32 sp1 home premium

4 gig of named pc800 ram, been a while so i can't remember the brand.

E6850 @ 3ghz intel dual core

Gigabyte p35-ds4 mb

Gigabyte gtx 260oc graphics.

Textures HIGH

Scenes HIGH

CIV Traffic Yes

Water Low

Vis Range Medium

Shadows Active Planar

Cockpit res 1024

In nHancer

Multisampling 4x with supersampling checked

Anisotropic 16x

High qual textures.

As for some sort of frame comparison, the first mission in the Russian version, the one where you shoot up the Yankee dogs ;)

200 FoV

Min 33 fps (Never dropped below this)

Max was 70+

That's what I got at the moment, bound to fiddle some more. IE heat blur made bugger all dif, just haven't put it back yet etc but you should get a general idea.

It is much better not to use FOV, but combined 3 camera (like Shkval+ABRIS+Camera, but with cameras only) views for TH2Go and SofTH2Go, as increasing the FoV close to 180 deg. causes serious performance hit.

When using a single-camera mode, any angle of 180 or more is meaningless really, and can lead to serious performance & other issues. Single camera's frustum is a pyramid, and this angle is the width of this pyramid. When angle at the top is approaching 180 degrees, pyramids volume approaches infinity. And no engine is able to render infinite space.

So if you need a really wide field of view, use a 2 or 3 camera setups.

Recommendation from grisha, ED team.

Edited by DarkWanderer

You want the best? Here i am...

Actually I would have to disagree with that, well at least from my point of view. The whole point of this rig is ultra wide FOV.... and it's sweet :)

• 4 weeks later...

That is normal and the price you pay for the Bezel Management to work. I was expecting this so it didn't bother me but I gather it has got you by surprise and now it is bugging the crap out of you.

Hehe now yah stuffed aye :)

Seriously tho mate all I can suggest is that you not worry about it. To me the price that is payed is well worth it to have all the bits line up and to be honest I do not notice those black lines at each end at all. I do notice when I forget to turn it on tho.

That is normal and the price you pay for the Bezel Management to work. I was expecting this so it didn't bother me but I gather it has got you by surprise and now it is bugging the crap out of you.

Hehe now yah stuffed aye :)

Seriously tho mate all I can suggest is that you not worry about it. To me the price that is payed is well worth it to have all the bits line up and to be honest I do not notice those black lines at each end at all. I do notice when I forget to turn it on tho.

wow..that was quick response...u are the man..

black bands dont bother..

or at least i hope it will not be in the game..

i just dont know...this is my first time with this piece of technology...

u have bezel mgmt in softTH without the bands..

maybe one can use softTH in conjunction with TH2G to get rid of black bands?

do you have AIM or XFire?

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179