No audio output for 2.1 Stereo speakers

paulw10

I have a 2.1 speaker set-up on my PC, so I usually set my speaker layout to "2.1 Stereo". This has been ok for at least the past few years or so. However since the last few updates (sorry, I have been a little distracted by another game!) I have had no audio. Finally I discovered changing the speaker layout fixes the problem.

With speaker layout set to "2.1 Stereo", the error message below appears in the DCS log.

ERROR   SOUND: Failed to Initialize IAudioClient: 0x88890008 (AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT)

I have attached my detailed dcs.log file. Towards the end I have cycled through the available speaker layouts. You can see when "2.1 Stereo" is selected the error(s) are generated. All other layouts are ok.

DCS/2.7.10.19473

Hope this is useful info.

P.S.

During my problem investigations I have ...

DCS_Updater cleanup, DCS_Updater repair, DX11 re-install, Nvidia driver re-install, HD audio driver re-install, et.al.

Kind regards,

Paul

i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid.

dcs.log

DCS.log shows 7 audio devices. and also changing from one device to another. which audio device works? do you have the sound settings set to auto? i had a similar problem. in my i have a USB set of logitech headphones. the set got dropped and it fubarred the cable. when i turned my head, the USB disconnected. the sound changed to the speakers. i could go back into sound settings and manually change the values and it would work. replaced cable and now no problems.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain