DCS AH-64D Quick Checklist.

Sydy

Hi guys,

It is available the first version of the Apache Quick Checklist.

Of course, the folder name is still to be confirmed and some of the procedures yet to be matured, but I think it is pretty solid for a pre-release version.

Download it at: User Files Download AH-64D Quick Checklist.

Here goes a sample:

... Remove because it was old...

I hope you like it. Any feedback is welcome.

On release day I will be off on a TDY, BUT i will be back a couple days after, so I will update it as necessary.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Old picture
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

Any chance of non normal checklists, too? In case we don't get the automatic checklist popup on the engine page?

Hi FalcoGer,

Maybe! I usually don’t make Non-Normals because I like to keep it simple, but I may prepare something, specially for Eng Fire/OEI approach or similar.

Let me mature my Apache Knowledge and then We think about it.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Sydy

The technical manual, chapter 9 (page 955, and following) have the checklists.

Also the apache has a feature of optionally (which makes me think dcs might not have this) loading checklists into the data cartridge. These checklists would be displayed on the engine page (which would autopage on the left MFD unless flight instrumentation is displayed there (which would then make it autopage on the right)). The bottom section would be replaced with the checklist items.

If that feature is available then we don't need a kneeboard QRH.

Engine fire (Inflight) checklist is

1. Power lever, affected engine - off
2. Illuminated engine fire button - push
3. Fire Disch Button(s) - press
4. Land as soon as possible

• Like 1

Thanks @Sydy!!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Looking beautiful! Thank you for sharing!👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

11 minutes ago, corbu1 said:

Looking beautiful! Thank you for sharing!👍👍👍

Thank you, @corbu1! The timing was much better than I thought... I thought the release would be on the 30th or 31st!!! Better this way!

Almost finishing my download here.

All the best!

Okay ... followed the instructions and installed to the proper directory in saved games.  I think.

image.png

It isn't showing up in the cockpit.  What am I doing wrong here @Sydy?  Has anyone got this working?

Thanks!

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

10 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

The folder in the Kneeboard section has to be named:

AH-64D_BLK_II

Thanks for whatever whatever wizardry you did to determine that setting!!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

14 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

The folder in the Kneeboard section has to be named:

AH-64D_BLK_II

Thanks a lot man!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey @Sydy - just wondering what tool you use to create the document?  The layout is incredibly useful.  Thanks!  I made my own Huey kneeboard using a very similar kneeboard that I screen grabbed off YouTube.  Maybe it was yours as this looks very similar.  I love when people do things like this for the community.  Thanks!

Oh, and here's the kneeboard I slapped together for the Huey in case you're wondering how it turned out.

001-Checklists-001.png

I actually used powerpoint to create.

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

58 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Hey @Sydy - just wondering what tool you use to create the document?  The layout is incredibly useful.  Thanks!  I made my own Huey kneeboard using a very similar kneeboard that I screen grabbed off YouTube.  Maybe it was yours as this looks very similar.  I love when people do things like this for the community.  Thanks!

Oh, and here's the kneeboard I slapped together for the Huey in case you're wondering how it turned out.

001-Checklists-001.png

I actually used powerpoint to create.

Hi @Mistermann,

I originally just did it for me in 2017, but a friend of mine asked for it and said if I could do another one for the L-39 as well. I started doing that with Word (believe me LOL), but then I decided to change a bit. Now I do the basic format on Excel, save it on PDF then snap shot via Corel to PNG and it works fine for me.

I was told that this format helps a lot for the VR guys (I use TrackIr).

Nice checklist of yours. By the items in it,  it was based on mine as well (exactly the same items). All my Quick Checklists are available on the User Files Download Page covering all modules.

Btw, I just updated the Apache checklist to vs 1.1 just to correct the installation folder.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
typo

Well its great to know where it came from.  I couldn't find it in the forums or downloads.  I snagged it from @lankypilot77 youtube replays of Paradise Lost campaign.  That kneeboard made its way into that campaign.  I wasn't sure where it was located (I since figured it out), so I just spent 10 minutes creating a new one.  

Thanks for the inspiration!

Do you have all your kneeboards someplace?  I should check them out, if you do.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

2 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Well its great to know where it came from.  I couldn't find it in the forums or downloads.  I snagged it from @lankypilot77 youtube replays of Paradise Lost campaign.  That kneeboard made its way into that campaign.  I wasn't sure where it was located (I since figured it out), so I just spent 10 minutes creating a new one.  

Thanks for the inspiration!

Do you have all your kneeboards someplace?  I should check them out, if you do.

Hi @Mistermann,

I didn't know they were using it there! How cool is that! 🤩

If you want to browse some other Checklists I made, here goes the link for the user files download page filter:

Sydy's Checklists and MFDs on User Files Download page.

All the best,

Sydy

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Thanks for whatever whatever wizardry you did to determine that setting!!

😀 I just roamed thru the Apache core mods/aircraft folder and saved games folder and checked how they named the main folders for the Apache... Then I tried them one by one. 

Edited by Rhinozherous
  • Thanks 3

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• 4 weeks later...