Systems failure...Random or scripted?

Jarhead0331

So I'm playing a particular mission called "Courier"...its the one where you need to locate a Ural, recover a package and deliver it to a ship off shore. Its night, its raining, its foggy and visibility is very poor.

I've run this mission twice, and both times I've suffered a catastrophic systems failure that essentially ends the mission by turning me into the worlds fastest moving lawn dart. I wish I could give you specific details as to what is actually failing, but since I'm still learning about the emergency systems on this aircraft its hard to say, but it starts with an EKRAN warning which sounds briefly. I believe I then lose oil pressure, but I'm not sure. I definitely end up losing power to the engine and well, the next event usually has something to do with me eating dirt. The first time the failure occurred, I was flying at about 225 kph at about 1200m. The second time it occurred, I was virtually at a hover, probably at about 50m.

Eventually I'll learn how to identify these failures and also learn how to best try to respond to them. However, my question here is whether this failure is scripted for this particular mission. If not, what the heck am I doing that has caused this failure twice...I've logged probably 30 to 50 hours flying this bird since I bought the Russian version, then changing to the english version, and I've never had a system failure before. I've literally pushed this bird to the envelope and had no problems. However, twice in this one mission, while flying very carefully, I've sustained this major problem thats resulted in a crash. Whats going on?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Jarhead0331

Did you notice your available fuel? Did you perhaps forget to turn on the external tank feed pump? :D

Awww shoot...I'll bet you that's it! :doh:

I'll go play and let you know...

If thats the source of the crash, I suppose it would qualify as a scripted event...scripted as the pilot being a moron.

In response to System failures, random or scripted...

If I remember correctly from the editor you can set it so X can fail between this time and that time with a probability of Y of it actually happening. So yeah scripted with variables.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

There is the EKRAN will pop and give you a warning about the front and or rear fuel tanks being low. IIRC it complains when the tank drops to 1,100kg. EKRAN message will display something like FWD FUEL 110

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.