Force-Sencing-Stickbase for the professional F-16 HOTAS

seth

Hey guys,

I hope there would be a professional HOTAS for the F-16 from Winwing and it would have a Force-Sencing-Stickbase for the F-16EX Grip. It would be wonderful.

Edited by seth

You can add me to the list for a 1:1 F16 throttle, but for the stick? Be careful what you wish for. I don't know if you've ever used one, but I have a Saitek X65 F. It's a beautiful stick, very precise, and if you dig hard enough, you can still get the Win 10 beta drivers to make it work. Despite using that stick for nearly 20 years exclusively, it was still extremely hard to use in combat. You can set 4 pressure profiles, but once you need to do things without concentrating on the force you are using, even a small miscalculation causes over or under control. Add to that that I had to move all the controls that require precise deployment (e.g. the trigger, and weapon release) onto the throttle quadrant, because even the act of squeezing the trigger would command a change in flight direction, causing frustrating misses. As far as that goes, even the early Viper pilots hated the force only stick, and they finally designed a small amount of physical deflection for the stick.

If you want to try the force sensing stick, you might be able to find a Saitek stick out there; They didn't make them very long, and they weren't very popular, so you may be able to get one on E-Bay or something.

Good luck and happy flying!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cavalier889 said:

If you want to try the force sensing stick, you might be able to find a Saitek stick out there; They didn't make them very long, and they weren't very popular, so you may be able to get one on E-Bay or something.

This is probably better option than a 20 year old Saitek: 

https://realsimulator.com/fssb-r3-lighting/
https://realsimulator.com/f-16-side-grips/

Expensive, but it is fantastic with the Viper.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, seth said:

Hey guys,

I hope there would be a professional HOTAS for the F-16 from Winwing and it would have a Force-Sencing-Stickbase for the F-16EX Grip. It would be wonderful.

The X65F is force sensing.  Good luck finding one though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, finding one is going to be tough. As I said, they didn't make them for very long. They released with great hype, and fell very flat. I used mine for decades (until just last year), and got good enough to use it easily for general aviation. Most people, though, got the stick, said, "I can't get this to work, it sucks!" and that was pretty much the end. I took a LOT of practice, and folks just didn't want to put in the time. The simple fact that mine is still in perfect (mostly perfect, the throttle sometimes gives me static) working order after hundreds of hours of flight is a testament to how well built the HOTAS is. Still, with that said, it's still very challenging as a combat stick.