Is That George--Casmo!?

crimson66

I had a feeling he was a little too verbose, but if that's how a real Apache pilot sounds like, all right. Maybe I'm just used to ridiculously terse fixed wing pilots. 🙂 Jester, for instance, usually responds with a quick "OK" or "Roger", only resorting to more verbose replies for a few specific actions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crimson66 said:

I was gonna say that in the FLIGHT controls it sounds like a different voice actor, but in the weapons implementation it sounds like CASMO.

In one of his past videos he let's it slip when talking about George when he refers to George he say's "I guess that's me" or some thing along them lines.  

Edited by freehand
  • Like 2

George seems pretty capable from the get go 💪👍😎

• Like 3

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

The idea is to pop the radar up above cover and acquire targets without exposing the helo.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

1 minute ago, scommander2 said:

Is it nornal that CPG heads back?

Haha! I think that was essentially photoshopped as a joke to emphasise George's presence in the front. The head animations will come later.

Personally I found that image a little "Exorcist-y" 🤣

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

2 minutes ago, LooseSeal said:

Haha! I think that was essentially photoshopped as a joke to emphasise George's presence in the front. The head animations will come later.

Personally I found that image a little "Exorcist-y" 🤣

Just what we need, a guy possed by satan with access to 30mm chaingun, a crap load of rockets and 8 hellfires. Sound like an epic episode of Supernatural. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

44 minutes ago, LooseSeal said:

Agree 100% and we have a topic to discuss about the static helmet view.  Someone suggested ED if it can be like F-14 RIO and it will be very cool...

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

2 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Is it nornal that CPG heads back?

Snag_dd1315c.png

I think I'd break my neck turning that far back unless I loosened the shoulder straps a LOT and bent forward, move my shoulder, before turning! 

I mean, I know visibility is very important to combat helo pilots, but I do wonder if that's a normal move in an Apache? Maybe its easier to do that in a Kiowa, I dunno...

Wait... he's got the the monocle... but ALSO the night vision binos on his helmet?!?!   I mean, nice to have night vision, but... doesn't he already have night vision for flying in the dark with the monocle and PNVS ?!

Am I missing something? I didn't think the bino night goggles were used in the Apache

Or is the binos just for emergency battle redundancy, in case the PNVS and or monocle fails during a flight, can still manage to get to a FARP / safety? 

Kinda confused by that, any real-world 'Pache pilots weigh in on this?