Can I choose not to carry the M4 in the cabin?

HappyVoo

Can I choose not to carry the M4 in the cabin?

Some people like it, some people don't like it, can it be like the F-16 can choose the color of the cockpit glass, and can choose whether to carry it or not.

XZB[9K}RE${OUE_M[FB@3{7.png

Edited by HappyVoo
  • Like 2

I am sure someone could make a mod.  I don't think too many people are going to be that put off by the M4 although it does block the view a bit.  

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

1 hour ago, Buschwick said:

Why would you want to do that?  you flying a UN Apache?

Even the UN operations are often armed. When I wore a blue helmet in the 1990's, I carried a C9A1, (a Canadian made variant of the FN Minimi, better known as a M249 SAW from video games)... no semi-auto... just full auto, and a 200 round belt, with a spare belt box in my load bearing gear (strange vest that fit over the kevlar vest).  When we were driving, I was on the Browning .50  soooo... 😁 

Maybe the original poster is from a country that doesn't issue M-4's, so maybe it's distracting? Or maybe doesn't want the view restricted like that? 

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 3

Unlikely to be an option though I suspect it is more problematic in game than in real life (or VR). When viewing this stuff on a screen some things that are barely noticeable in VR or real life really get in the way due to the loss of stereo vision.

• Like 1

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

44 minutes ago, Me haces reír. said:

If was smart, then I would carry a spare set of civilian clothes and then pretend like I am mute until I am in a safe area. 😁

There's already a hook to hang your suit on. It might get in the way a bit more than the M4 does though.

PS. Another account now? Really? (otra cuenta? enserio?)

Edited by Sabre_Ewan
  • Like 2

To paraphrase Shatner "It's a VIDEOGAME!!!"

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

21 minutes ago, drPhibes said:

The best way of using an SA80 is probably dropping it on the enemy from high altitude 😛

Naw, it would probably get jammed in the door whilst trying to throw it out

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

hace 5 horas, Sabre_Ewan dijo:

There's already a hook to hang your suit on. It might get in the way a bit more than the M4 does though.

PS. Another account now? Really? (otra cuenta? enserio?)

This hook sounds interesting. Perhaps they thought ahead.

Ya no sé de lo que dices sobre cuentas. 

• Like 1

Confirming shooting out of the window of an Apache is done in real life on a routine basis. Here's a historical documentary on its practice.

• Like 7

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.