Thrustmaster Warthog... Short press - Long press for George AI

For years I have avoided Target software due to it's unfriendly nature in all my DCS modules, never used a short press - long press, just in game control options and modifiers.  The Wags video on AI tonight showcased the SP-LP in communicating with George whitch looked good.  My only thoughts on this is using "RSmapper" instead to acomplish SP-LP.  Any other sugestions?

I've never used Target either.   You can still short or long press without using mapping software.

SP/LP is nothing new, it's been with the A-10C since release.

Edit:  To clarify

SP is basically an everyday key/hatswitch bind, a quick press initiates the bind.

LP is simply holding the key or hatswitch for (usually) 0.5 seconds which then initiates the LP key bind.

No need for mapping software.

Edited by 26-J39
  • Like 1

they changed the controls many years ago, so having a controller is more plug and play, w/ very limited controls now need being mapped.  so out of the box the a10c is mapped; and they started doing the same w/ other modules. just need to setup or control axis and im sure a limited few, rest is just learning the mapped buttons. 

I would stay away from target software.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Complete DX 120 key presses will give you TEMPO presses via script. You don't have to mess with writing anything just start the script, and assign buttons. TARGET GUI is ridiculously easy to do, much easier than the other HOTAS programs. 

Sempre Fortis

On 3/18/2022 at 9:16 AM, gdotts said:

What does the profile look like?  Any profiles with Gunner giving flight directions to the AI Pilot?

George is typically mapped on a 4 way hat switch.    Just map the usual Left Right Up Down.  These are your SP & LP keys.  LP is initiated with a LONG Press (0.5 seconds) of the SAME hat switch key/button/hat switch button thingy....

I cant make it any more simple for you. 🙂