Trigger help, respawn units once they are dead 1 hr later

Hotdognz

Hi guys im setting up a training area for our guys using helicopters on one of our missions, I have 3 specific targets areas each with a load of units at them, I have created a separate trigger above each of them called Target 1-3, how can I set these trigger so once all the units are destroyed to re-spawn the units 1 hr later.

Cheers

Hello.

60secs x 60mins = 3600

1. SWITCHED -> GROUP DEAD(1 to 3) -> FLAG ON(1)

2. SWITCHED ->TIME SINCE FLAG(1,3600) -> (your respawn code) + FLAG OFF(1)

Edited by ADHS
  • Like 1

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

If you aren't averse to using external libraries, this can be easily solved. I'm biased, so I'll recommend DML (of course 🙂), but Mist and Moose should also work; so perhaps check out DML's clone module. It would take about 2 minutes to place the clone zones, and add the clone and delayTimer attributes. If you need assistance with DML, you can always PM me.

6 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Hi guys im setting up a training area for our guys using helicopters on one of our missions, I have 3 specific targets areas each with a load of units at them, I have created a separate trigger above each of them called Target 1-3, how can I set these trigger so once all the units are destroyed to re-spawn the units 1 hr later.

Cheers

YouTube video response to your question:

• Like 1

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

2 hours ago, FoxxyTrotty said:

YouTube video response to your question:

A nice video, and certainly helpful. I wonder if that's really what the OP is looking for. To me it sounds as if they were looking for a perpetually respawning target area (perhaps for a server?) after a 1 hour cool-down. The video shows a way to have targets "re"-appear thrice, and that's it. It surely mimics a solution by activating the previously inactive groups the first two times. The mission does not, however, re-spawn any units - all units exist when the mission starts and after the third wave the mission is over, no more targets will appear. If this runs on a server, it needs a re-start after three rounds.

OK, I'm not going to be the guy who simply talks without offering an alternative solution 🙂 

Here's a proof of concept for unending respawns. The clone zone 'clone after all dead' will respawn all units after all were killed after a cooldown of 10 seconds (st by the 'timeDelay' parameter in the zone info. Change that to any value you like, time is in seconds. 3600 is for one hour.

image.png

You can copy/paste the zone on any other group(s) you like, and any group that has at least one unit inside the zone will become part of that clone zone's template. The zones act independent, the respawn cooldown starts when the last of the units of that clone zone is dead.

Mission can be adapted as much as you want (add more units, copy cloners etc). Uses the black shark, but you can substitute any helicopters you like, mission is fully mp capable. Mission build time: 15 minutes, so beware 🙂 

endless respawns.miz

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

I found both (video tutorial + DML) useful as both together stands as a full working answer.

Just to add a line of MIST code (addition to my comment above, (your respawn code) field):

2. SWITCHED ->TIME SINCE FLAG(1,3600) ->

DO SCRIPT mist.respawnGroup('Target 1', true)

mist.respawnGroup('Target 2', true)

mist.respawnGroup('Target 3', true)

FLAG OFF(1)

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.